Manager sack race 2017 / 2018

Owners have given Bilic ‘’two more games’’ ... and when we lose them they will give him another ‘’two more games’’ ... until his contract runs out end of season
I am astonished. Like Millwallaway I thought Bilic and Koeman were fairly likely to go today and if pushed I would have said Bilic was the more likely. Don't know how good or bad a manager he is, he might do ok in his next job but it's obvious he's lost his way badly at West Ham. All you can ask for is progress with any manager but you've got the total opposite with Bilic, it's just slowly getting worse each season. And he can't say he hasn't been given a fair crack, he arguably should have gone last season.

I agree Mou should join the list. Expect him to pick at most one point against Spurs and Chelsea. After that, the wheels will come off and United will struggle to stay in the top 4. With no Europa league to save his butt this season, he'll be sacked at the end of the season.

Hughes next - or maybe Billic. Hodgson got a lifeline with the Chelsea win - probably gone before the winter window though.

There's a huge dogfight this year to avoid relegation with 11 teams firmly in drop battle.
====
What's the record for manager sackings in the P/L over a season? This year may well see that record broken.

Next cabs off the rank;
Bilic
Hughes
Clement

Long shots
Mourinho
Klopp
Benitez (potential new owners want own man?)

What about Bilic to Goodison? Former player, former defender - just what they need.
Everton need a decent striker (or two). Failing that - they're in big danger of going down. Fill the striker role - their squad is better than any of the non-top 6 - hard to believe that they'd go down.

Hell, even with a random manager and no striker incoming... Everton are talented enough that they should stave off relegation. 11+ teams are in the relegation battle this year - whatever happens, I really doubt that Everton will drop - the remaining sides - who knows.

Looking at their fixtures, I think Hughes and Bilic will both be sacked by the time Stoke & West Ham play each other 16 December.

Stoke:
Watford A
Leicester H
Brighton A
Palace A
Liverpool H
Swansea H
Spurs A
Burnley A

I see 7-9 points out of 24

West Ham:
Palace A
Liverpool H
Watford A
Leicester H
Everton A
God's own A
Chelsea H
Arsenal H

They'd be lucky to get to 7-9.

Not looking good for Bilic. He looks a broken man. If they lose against Palace, think he’s gone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.