Manc Accent

When i ws in the states, people use to walk past and say "whats up bro", i used to say 'nothing mate'. Different patters mad.

mammutly said:
I remember when I went to University being surprised at that when I said 'alright' to people, they would reply, "I'm fine thanks, how are you?"

I still think that's strange

Pmsl, a dozey mate of mine used to do that. When any of us said 'aryt', he'd go, 'Ye, I'm fine'. Lol.

BlueMoon93 said:
mammutly said:
I remember when I went to University being surprised at that when I said 'alright' to people, they would reply, "I'm fine thanks, how are you?"

Pmsl, a dozey mate of mine used to do that. When any of us said 'aryt', he'd go, 'Ye, I'm fine'. Lol.

Why is this funny, these are normal responses are they not? "Aryt" surely translates to "hello old chap, how are you?" or am I wrong?
Me an' my mates always respond with, "yeah, fine...you?"

Swales lives said:
BlueMoon93 said:

Why is this funny, these are normal responses are they not? "Aryt" surely translates to "hello old chap, how are you?" or am I wrong?
Me an' my mates always respond with, "yeah, fine...you?"

haha!, you old banger!

i've met people who actually do not understand what i mean when i say 'ya aryt mate?'

mammutly said:

It's the same here. When I see someone I know here in Sweden and go "Y'alreet?" they go "Yes thanks, you?" meaning I have to get into a whole convo with them rather than just saying hi then going our own merry ways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.