Manc Accent

Hamann Pineapple said:
jimharri said:
How do you know that she isn't?! God help him if she is!

I'm not that brave. She supports United anyway.
What?????????
1140039768sbLGL8.jpg

Don't get me on this one.......oh well, wot the hell......

The rest of Greater Manchester....pure lancastrian, oldham, bolton, rochdale, wigan "thur" instead of "there" being a instance!!

Manchester pre 1987/8 also lancastrian, listen to that clip of the monkeys Davey Jones as a nipper on corra,

POST 1988 Manchester in an attempt to find its own identity because of the club scene SUDDENLY develops this horrendous eeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, niiice one, arrrrrrrrrrite maaaaaaate nonsence accsent, all down the nose,

My late father in law who was brought up in Littleton road, Lower Kersal about as Salford as it gets had a mellow accent with the occasional rolled "R" and definite gentle "eh" instead of a E or Y. So he would say hiya Toneh for instance. none of that other fabricated claptrap.

I hate it....its pretentious in the extream and cringing to hear!!!!

I spent years trying to lose it, but it's a sticky.

Happy with it now. Probably nowhere near as broad as it was, but I do feel Mancheser people speak my language.

one i say sometimes which i cant understand why its just natural is like bockle.... keckul...

not many people i know say it tho so is it just me? i saw someone do it on a sketch once which was takin the piss out of mancs but other than that not many people say it

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BDZCLiRdAA&feature=related[/youtube]

sorted, are kid!!

bloody mancs are harder to understand than i am. it took me months to get use to the manc accent and lots of episodes of shameless. felt like i was relearning the english language.

never met a people that put so many "eh"s into their words, apparently thats what canadians do but i reckon mancs do it more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.