Manc or not (Merged)

Re: Manc or not...(2)....

That the only Blues are from Manchester is a concept we manufactured during the 80's and 90's as a stick to beat the heathen with who travelled from any where to Old Trafford.
Its not true and, never was, a blue is a blue is a blue where ever he lives even Kent, God help me.
We are now attempting to appeal to an international audience so will and want to attract fans from every and any where.
Picture a Champions League Final maybe 3 years time with an end full of Blues are you really going to tell me that only the Manchester born ones are City fans ?
Who the fuck cares where they come from or at a distance who knows ? They are all Blues, we had better all move up a gear in becoming a world wide club, A small town mentality might suit the Burnley's of this world but not the fans of a club intent on becoming a world wide brand.
We must retain our links with the club as an international fan base as we did at Maine Road with a nominally local fan base... That way lies glory and we will all walk in fields of Gold.

Re: So your a Manc part 3

Burnage till I was 8, Stockport - Bramhall, Cheadle Hulme, Hazel Grove, Shaw Heath till I was 18 then West Didsbury and now my own place in Fallowfield. Don't believe the Stockport myth the reds lie about, plenty more reds in Stockport yet they're all the armchairs, every fucker supports em but if they're blue, they go. Back in Manc now, plenty more City than United round here anyway.

Re: Manc or not...(2)....

Southern English but supported City from my shitty little town in Oxfordshire where everyone else supported rags, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Oxford or Reading, since 1993/94 season.

lived in Manc for 2 years until recently but dropped out of uni

will probably be in London or the middle of Wales next and the only one. But it's not like I'm not used to that lol.

Re: Manc or not

Manc:

Born in St Mary's hospital 1977. apparently you could see the floodlights at Maine Road from the maternity ward I was in (Weighed 11lbs, got stuck, turned blue, no incubater big enough for me)

Then on to Droylsden, Clayton, short time in Ashton and now in Kelowna, BC, Canada.

All my family are still in Manc.

Daughters middle name is Blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.