Manchester’s Changing Skyline

Nice pictures. Are there any more 'super tall' towers going up that you're aware of @jrb ?

We have a nice skyscraper hub around Deansgate, would be nice to balance it out with a few taller buildings around Ancoats.

That's from 2016.

It takes in a lot more than just how city centres look, including cultural offerings, access to parks, etc etc.

I get your point that it doesn't on a global scale compare to many other cities in the world. Don't think anyone
was necessarily doing that though. Just felt a bit of a lazy and obvious throwaway comment, that's all.

That's from 2016.

It takes in a lot more than just how city centres look, including cultural offerings, access to parks, etc etc.

I get your point that it doesn't on a global scale compare to many other cities in the world. Don't think anyone
was necessarily doing that though. Just felt a bit of a lazy and obvious throwaway comment, that's all.

It was in reply to a post saying it was a thing of beauty. That is all

Manchester gets some digs and it's far from perfect but it's such a fascinating city visually.

More so now these monoliths are going up especially when contrasted with the Victoriana.

It was in reply to a post saying it was a thing of beauty. That is all

Fair enogh, wasn't looking for a bicker.

I think parts of it Are a thing of beauty. There are a few exciting developments, on top the historic ones. How other places compare, a separate discussion.

Nice pictures. Are there any more 'super tall' towers going up that you're aware of @jrb ?

We have a nice skyscraper hub around Deansgate, would be nice to balance it out with a few taller buildings around Ancoats.

There are rumours of a new tallest tower from Renaker on Great Jackson Street.(SSC-MCR) Nothing official in the public domain yet. As it’s Renaker, it‘s a real possibility. Manchester’s current tallest tower is South Tower, Deansgate Square, at 66 stories - 201 metres.

Another new tallest tower rumour which stemmed from a Place North West article, I think, is from Salboy(Fred Done) alongside Viadux - 40 stories, which is currently under construction. The original proposal was for an office, but that proposal has been replaced by a proposed residential tower. Nothing in the public domain yet.

Renaker are currently on-site at Trinity Island at the end of Regent Road doing ground works for a 60 storey tower and a 55 storey tower.

There are rumours of a new tallest tower from Renaker on Great Jackson Street.(SSC-MCR) Nothing official in the public domain yet. As it’s Renaker, it‘s a real possibility. Manchester’s current tallest tower is South Tower, Deansgate Square, at 66 stories - 201 metres.

Another new tallest tower rumour which stemmed from a Place North West article, I think, is from Salboy(Fred Done) alongside Viadux - 40 stories, which is currently under construction. The original proposal was for an office, but that proposal has been replaced by a proposed residential tower. Nothing in the public domain yet.

Renaker are currently on-site at Trinity Island at the end of Regent Road doing ground works for a 60 storey tower and a 55 storey tower.
3e1470cac6106f5203999018d0c4b1ba.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.