Manchester airport

I try not to complain too much about airport security as it’s for our benefit but passport control is a piss take at Manchester... Most airports I visit in Europe for business travel piss all over ours for processes, cleanliness and overall decor and layout. Our airports put simply are an embarrassment.. I can only imagine what people think when they visit the UK for the first time...

This is the only part of my trip next week that I’m not looking forward to—there’s a reason we’re taking the train back from Edinburgh the night before even though the flight doesn’t depart until 11:30.

Particularly depending on the time you travel, there is a good argument that its not fit for purpose in its current state.

I travel a lot and the majority of the time its early morning (before 9am). The queues for security at that time are generally what I would describe as normal - about 5-10 minutes. Nothing untoward but then you get through to the lounge and no matter what time of day in T3 its like a refugee centre with people sitting on the floor all over the place because there is no where else to sit because its too busy.

This year I've flown on two separate occasions from T1 at tea time on a Friday (which is admittedly a busy time to fly) and nearly missed my flight on both occasions because its taken 1.5-2 hours to get through security.

At no other airport in the world have I had to queue more than 20 mins to go through security and its often much less.

As others have said, the decor is tired, the overall design is terrible. Dont get me started on the parking charges. I've spoken with someone that works for MAG a year or so ago and he reckoned they were operating at around 50-60% capacity. That means they think they can fit more people into these holding pens.

Its an embarrassment to Manchester and the North West.

apparently its all going to change though with T1 being demolished and a new 'super terminal' being build

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...anchester-airport-featuring-showcase-12632801
apparently its all going to change though with T1 being demolished and a new 'super terminal' being build

I work at the airport t2 is well under way,the new road system for the ground staff will be a pain in the arse but safer as there will be no taxi way crossings, at the moment you can offload an aircraft and have to tow it away to a remote stand because there isn't the space , then tow it back when there's space so that should be better.

Clearly you've never tried to come into the USA through JFK then....

I haven't flown into JFK before no, but sounds like you're referring to immigration which is often lengthy at many US airports and others around the world. I was referring to the security (carry on luggage check) for an outbound flight at Manchester.

I go through security everyday as I work there,they take allsorts off us,yogurts,frozen meals knives and now they've started taking forks off us, a story I heard , a pilot went through with his lunch not sure what was in it but half of it was confiscated he said to the security people,im the fucking pilot,if I wanted to bring the plane down I wouldn't need a fucking yogurt
Ha ha that made me laugh!

I go through security everyday as I work there,they take allsorts off us,yogurts,frozen meals knives and now they've started taking forks off us, a story I heard , a pilot went through with his lunch not sure what was in it but half of it was confiscated he said to the security people,im the fucking pilot,if I wanted to bring the plane down I wouldn't need a fucking yogurt
Apparently James May had a similar experience ,although not at Manchester ,had a knife and fork taken off him in case he brought his own plane down even though he was flying himself with no passengers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.