Manchester bee on the shirt

Was down at the City Store yesterday and they were allowing Utd fans to have the bee put on their Utd shirts. Class by City, wonder if they would reciprocate if it was the other way about? Anyway fair play to the lad who was behind me with his, he wanted to pay more than it cost as a donation to the fund.

They allow the poppy for Remembrance Day. The Premier League's strict rules are easily changeable if there is A) profit in doing so, or B) heavy sway of public opinion.
agreed. but it would need the change for us to do it. The poppy is written in to the rules, the bee not

agreed. but it would need the change for us to do it. The poppy is written in to the rules, the bee not

Think we need to realise the bee is a symbol of Manchester - just like the ship and the shield on our badge are. There was a vote for the bee to be included on our badge 18 months before the terrible tragedy at the arena.

It's great that the bee has become a symbol of solidarity after that terrible event. But it was an important Manchester symbol before that, and I'm sure it will remain so in the future.

Think we need to realise the bee is a symbol of Manchester - just like the ship and the shield on our badge are. There was a vote for the bee to be included on our badge 18 months before the terrible tragedy at the arena.

It's great that the bee has become a symbol of solidarity after that terrible event. But it was an important Manchester symbol before that, and I'm sure it will remain so in the future.

I was wondering about this recently and it surprises me that city (or the rags) didn't choose yellow and black as club colours/kit at some stage in the clubs early years.

Was down at the City Store yesterday and they were allowing Utd fans to have the bee put on their Utd shirts. Class by City, wonder if they would reciprocate if it was the other way about? Anyway fair play to the lad who was behind me with his, he wanted to pay more than it cost as a donation to the fund.
I was down there yesterday (Sunday) in the morning. Was told that they had run out, but would be getting more in. Other City fans were also asking about it. Must have sold them to all the United supporters then .

Apologies if there is already a thread on this.

Was a great touch by both City and United to apply this to their shirt last week. And I've just seen that the club have extended the deadline for fans to get one printed until the end of August.

Not only is this a great source of donations for the charity, but also looks great on the shirt aesthetically, and runs in line with the city's tradition. Reckon there is any chance we could push for this to become a permanent feature on the player's shirts? At least for the coming season.

This was a one of appearance and a nice touch and relevant for the time to remember such a tragic, having a permanent reminder on the shirt is not the way to go about things. After all there are other causes such as a the poppy appeal which gets an annual nod. Perhaps they could do something like this for the bee? and would be far more fitting.

And yet the media have failed to report on united refusing to put it on their supporters shirts and the fact we are doing it for them.
I wonder why?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.