Manchester Christmas Markets

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by blue b4 the moon, 9 Nov 2018.

1. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

On our way down now for 4/5 hours, bit of no but stall gazing followed by food & drink.

Home for early evening before it gets rammed and the piss heads get out.

2. markbmcfc

markbmcfc

I'm the same. Last year I went on a Saturday morning at about 11. Place was pretty much dead and I loved it.

3. Magicpole

Magicpole

Team supported:
    Celtic
    These things look nice, for other people. A ten minute saunter around saying, How much? Are you having a fucking laugh? Then go to a pub.

4. feelymcfeel

feelymcfeel

Too many people. Far too many people, can't stand them (neither people nor the markets).

Also overpriced piss in plastic glasses.

5. Blue Til Death

Blue Til Death

I went to Budapest last year and its fuckin brilliant, cheap as chips and the markets are fantastic, i would highly recommend anyone who fancies a trip over Christmas to try here, I am going back this year on December 5th. Got 4 nights in a 4 star hotel with BA flights for £230..

6. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

I quite like the one in Edinburgh. It has a few interesting stalls with stuff you couldnt buy anywhere else. Usually get some christmas prezzies there.

aka blue jambo likes this.
  7. aka blue jambo

aka blue jambo

Went for a wander yesterday morning before train home ..
    The Yorkshire pudding wrap stall looks interesting

8. bluetonium

bluetonium

The magic of the market was lost forever on me the fisrt time I ever went. Fancied a nice warm gluwein, until I walked around the back of the the tent to see boxes and boxes of Lidl gluwein. About £3.50 a bottle, or £7 a cup to you, sir!

Plus the stalls are like a lazy Scooby Doo background animator's dream. Chocolates, little wooden windmills, metal artwork...Chocolates, little wooden windmills, metal artwork...Chocolates, little wooden windmills, metal artwork...

I won't even start on the prices, though I imagine the city council want a fair whack too for the pleasure of setting up shop there.

9. Load of bollocks. No doubt I’ll be dragged there tomorrow.

10. BlueMoonRisin'

BlueMoonRisin'

Team supported:
    You are Banned!... Reason - "rag".
    Ah yes, those spiced Bavarian hotdogs consisting of finest minced pigs snouts eyeballs arseholes and foreskins, all for a bargain 7 quid a go.

6 Lidl/Aldi bratwursts for £1.79, 6 hotdog rolls 45p, 2 medium onions. Jar of Tomato sauce and mustard. 4 quid the lot tops.

Magicpole and mancityvstoke like this.