Manchester Christmas Markets

Marks six weeks of hell in MCR city center for me, can't walk about and its all crap, originally it was decent but it's now too big and sprawling. Same 6 or 8 stalls repeated with iffy food and drink stalls throw in.

Yup looks nice but all those extra people in the city centre makes getting home on public transport horrific. Roll on January.

‘Gordo’ from Manchester Confidential has a bit of cheek complaining about where the money goes. The guy went bankrupt owing hundreds of thousands of pounds in unpaid taxes, the fat fuck.

As for the markets, most people stay for the odd drink and a bratwurst and that's about it. Unless Gordo has some hard evidence that restaurants and pubs are taking a battering around Xmas, I'll put it down to a bit of virtue signalling on his part. I'd suggest the markets are attracting a hell of a lot more people into town than normal, and putting a lot more business their way.

Went to Chester yesterday and went to the Christmas market. Similar prices, but much smaller and less crowds.

‘Gordo’ from Manchester Confidential has a bit of cheek complaining about where the money goes. The guy went bankrupt owing hundreds of thousands of pounds in unpaid taxes, the fat fuck.

As for the markets, most people stay for the odd drink and a bratwurst and that's about it. Unless Gordo has some hard evidence that restaurants and pubs are taking a battering around Xmas, I'll put it down to a bit of virtue signalling on his part. I'd suggest the markets are attracting a hell of a lot more people into town than normal, and putting a lot more business their way.

Manchester was rammed yesterday. Could not get in any of the Chop Houses. Could barely walk down Cross Street. Good Job I know some of the off track pubs.

Prices on the markets don't bother me. Keeps the riff raff away! ;)

This is one of the Lorries used as a makeshift kitchen prep area,if that was a kitchen in the central of town it would be closed down .
c7cf799196656477c824376bccfd6a08.jpg
617d7633be4bc5bb192343d85f90f576.jpg

Holds a particularly fond place in my heart as mrs adrianr and me used to love going there when we were getting together. Haven't been in about a decade though! That and I've lost no enthusiasm for Christmas, possibly owing to not having kids and scrapping big family get togethers off years ago. Grab a pork and apple sandwich and a drink; Lovely!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.