Manchester Christmas Markets

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by blue b4 the moon, 9 Nov 2018.

1. Yup looks nice but all those extra people in the city centre makes getting home on public transport horrific. Roll on January.

2. The Northern Baptist

The Northern Baptist

‘Gordo’ from Manchester Confidential has a bit of cheek complaining about where the money goes. The guy went bankrupt owing hundreds of thousands of pounds in unpaid taxes, the fat fuck.

As for the markets, most people stay for the odd drink and a bratwurst and that's about it. Unless Gordo has some hard evidence that restaurants and pubs are taking a battering around Xmas, I'll put it down to a bit of virtue signalling on his part. I'd suggest the markets are attracting a hell of a lot more people into town than normal, and putting a lot more business their way.

3. carlosthejackal

carlosthejackal

4. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

I bought some Lancashire cheese from Sean's stall the other day!

5. Mike N

Mike N

Went to Chester yesterday and went to the Christmas market. Similar prices, but much smaller and less crowds.

6. manchester blue

manchester blue

Manchester was rammed yesterday. Could not get in any of the Chop Houses. Could barely walk down Cross Street. Good Job I know some of the off track pubs.

Prices on the markets don't bother me. Keeps the riff raff away! ;)

7. bakerdave76

bakerdave76

This is one of the Lorries used as a makeshift kitchen prep area,if that was a kitchen in the central of town it would be closed down .
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Pigeonho

Pigeonho

In the King's Head, waiting for the Queen's legs t
    They look more overcrowded than ever. So fuck them.

I went to Haworth Christmas market last year. What a delight it was too. Traditional, friendly, no wankers and a very Christmassy aura about it.

And no shit zippy attached to the townhall.

9. yeseye

yeseye

EARLY CROSS, CHANCE AT THE FAR POST,HINCHCLIFFE
    Misery has decided to jump on the bandwagon of this nonsense now and would like me to take her on Saturday ffs!
    She can fcuk right off,
    I’m going to go on a bender now,
    i’ll show her who’s boss.
    Or i’ll pretend i have man flu!

10. adrianr

adrianr

Holds a particularly fond place in my heart as mrs adrianr and me used to love going there when we were getting together. Haven't been in about a decade though! That and I've lost no enthusiasm for Christmas, possibly owing to not having kids and scrapping big family get togethers off years ago. Grab a pork and apple sandwich and a drink; Lovely!