Manchester Christmas Markets

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by blue b4 the moon, 9 Nov 2018.

1. Rosler's Mullet

Rosler's Mullet

Used to be good when first introduced, reasonable prices and decentish food, now just extortionate, average quality served by rude twats mostly.

2. As expected I got dragged there today for our annual trudge. Shuffled through the crowds, bought my daughter a small waffle for £4 then escaped to the pub. “Oh dad look at these”. “Yes they were here last year and the year before”

3. m7mcfc

m7mcfc

How do you Know?

4. purplenose

purplenose

Christmas and anything to do with it is a massive pile.

paul1963 likes this.
  5. Phil Meup

Phil Meup

things are gonna change - I can feel it!!!!
    "It's the most de-pressing time of the year..."
    Avoid

6. nimrod

nimrod

MCFCTrick likes this.
  7. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

He has some good points but pushing Lees beer and that chippy which was shite the once I went to it isn't helping his case.

When I'm out with the lads next week for a crawl we'll as usual have 2/3 outside for a bit of atmos mixed in with some 'inside' drinks.

As for buying goods, cheese & some cold foods are value but the rest really is a rip off.

8. Churchlawtonblue

Churchlawtonblue

Haven't been yet this year. No doubt will get dragged there and will have to escape to a pub for a bit. One thing that i wonder about each year is where does all the stuff the wooden shops etc come from, where is it kept the other 10months? And all the people what do they do the rest of the year. Is it all from the continent or is it kept in a big warehouse in Trafford?? There's more and more of it every year.

9. MCFCTrick

MCFCTrick

Prefer to support the pubs, bars, restaurants and shops of the city that pay sky high rents and rates, and are here all year round, rather than chancers who's profits leave the city with them.

Wouldn't be too bad if the food and goods they sell were of any quality, but come on it's cheap tatt and poor food and drink.

10. DavidWhitesBoots

DavidWhitesBoots

Marks six weeks of hell in MCR city center for me, can't walk about and its all crap, originally it was decent but it's now too big and sprawling. Same 6 or 8 stalls repeated with iffy food and drink stalls throw in.

Lasted edited by : 18 Nov 2018