Manchester City close on Pellegrini (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperSilva said:
In both his interviews on the OS about the FA Cup final tomorrow, he just does not look right and seems as if something is bothering him... (could be the final of course!)

Really torn on this as we all know what Mancini has done for City and what he could do with the summer window. But we all may have read, as LC has posted, the attributes and pedigree of Pelligrini and how they could be potent here at city.

The rumours of meetings and Isco etc. are too frequent and consistent timeline wise not to have some kind of truth ... I am not and inner or an outter (maybe a little bit of an inner for Mancini), just love my club and hope we make the right choice as we have a prime moment where Chelsea and Utd will have new managers!

exactly how i feel.

dancity19 said:
The Flash said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
For the last three months the club have knocked back numerous journos in regards requests over various candidates being linked with Mancini's job, not just Pellegrini.

The link to the comments (today?) made by Pellegrini's agent, he's saying absolutely nothing which can incriminate him or his client in any shape or form.

Regardless of whether it's City or anyone else, the only thing he managed to get out there were his contract clauses!

The interviewer missed a trick, the only question should have been with regard what the purpose of his meeting with our Director of Football was.

This thread, and reports in various countries, only continues to exist as a result of any form of clarity from City.

Edit - FFS - just seen the link is a month old!

This thread exists because people who desperately want to be ITK, aren't.

And that there are idiots out there who can't see the wood for the silverware.

Any sane human being without an agenda would read the club's policy of not briefing about the rumours, is because there is, amazingly, nothing in the rumours.

This thread exists because we have been linked with him. Our DoF had lunch with his agent. We are all Manchester City fans, therefore will discuss almost anything that affects us.

I think everyone can see the wood from the silverware. Everyone has said Mancini has done well, certainly in the trophy department. Some 'idiots' though, question his performances this season, and whether we could do better. Indeed, most people have only said change Mancini for a genuine upgrade.

Anyone can fit anything into their 'agenda'. Your agenda is Mancini is going nowhere, therefore the fact that we haven't rubished this clearly means it isn't important, and Mancini is staying. Spun to your belief.

Others who are 'outers' will question why we haven't put anything out there.

I'm sane, with no agenda, yet I do question why this has been allowed to rumble on.
No one is talking about it except here. The brief moment it did pop up on other forums there was a general air of bewilderment and laughter at the idea we might take on Pellegrinni. Then... nothing.

Maybe that's because most everyone is keeping it quiet. Maybe not. The club doesn't need to say anything because no one is really talking about it except on here where we have a few malcontents that value their ego over everything else. (They know who they are)

Benarbia said:
Done deal!!! Pelli is the new boss

Sounds like a nothing rumour to me. Pelligrini would be a backwards step, Mancini has his own squad and wouldn't need millions to re arrange the team to suit his style of play. With Ferguson leaving, we need to continue with Mancini and take advantage of both our biggest competitors (united/Chelsea) changing managers in the summer and taking time to gel.

I sincerely hope its bollocks sick of this shite yes Mancini fucks me off at times the Everton game being the prime one but for fucks sake why just fucking why now wait at very least until the end of the season

If this is true then maybe the two barca boys are not as classy as we all think

Personally I am putting this in the bollocks pile tomorrow is a cup final one we all want to win

Loukas said:
Mancini has his own squad and wouldn't need millions to re arrange the team to suit his style of play.

I don't think Pellegrini would need anymore than we plan to spend anyway. He is a 'coach' in the very sense of the word, he'll take whatever he is given and make the most of it, which I believe could be one of the main reasons he could arrive IF the decision is made (compatibility with the Director of Football model). I think the personnel we have would lend itself well to Pellegrini's general style of football which is built around passing/good movement/good organisation.

He is all about team building and finding the right components for the right position. Pellegrini's comments on Real Madrid, who sold both Sneijder and Robben against his wishes to sign a fresh batch of Galacticos: "They sign the best players, but not the best players needed in a certain position. It’s no good having an orchestra with the 10 best guitarists if I don’t have a pianist. Real Madrid have the best guitarists, but if I ask them to play the piano they won’t be able to do it so well. He [Perez] sold players that I considered important. We didn't win the Champions League because we didn't have a squad properly structured to be able to win it."

I think he sums up there what we (City) also need to try and avoid... buying flavour of the months (like Dzeko) who don't really suit the system at all. Sometimes there is a cheaper option who will do a better job because he is tailor made for a specific role.

Antonio Gallardo is the main guy on AS writing pretty much all of the articles regarding Pellegrini/Isco/City and hes in Malaga so make of that what you will but it does seem that most of these reports are coming out of Malaga and no where else.

I think the point needs stressing that Pellegrini may be the next manager because Roberto has chosen to leave and because now is not the right moment to nab one or two younger options.

If MP comes in, I will be very interested to see what length contract he gets.

OB1 said:
I don't bet but I do look at oddschecker at times like this.

Bet Victor have moved the odds on MP two or three times today and have just gone to 1/3.
They are probably just covering themselves and are unwilling to take anymore money on him
He is still available at 6/4 in places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.