Manchester City Folklore - new book by Gary James

Gary are there any plans to do a complete City FA Cup history,season by season,with detailed stories,background to games etc..

Thanks. I really appreciate that. My reasons for producing books have always been to help promote our club and to ensure fans have something of quality to read. This book was my attempt at saying to City fans don't believe the hype and negativity about our club; use this to show rival fans the truth.

My article in last night's match prog on attendances seems to be getting some good reaction - basically I brought back the old Crowd Puller Chart City had in the 80s to show how the City of today compares both now but also throughout history in terms of average attendance with every club in the PL. I highlighted City's figures and those of our rivals last night LFC to show that if any team should boast about its support it's ours. That's the sort of stuff we need to do - as fans we are often unhappy with the media's portrayal of our club (even last night and today I've heard people say that City bought success last night; that LFC don't have the resources.... well LFC were this season's biggest spenders!) and so we need to keep reminding ourselves of our positives, of our reasons to boast. I've attended quite a few supporters meetings and other events over the last few months where it's been clear that some of us have started to fall for the 'you've got no fans; crap atmosphere etc." views. Well, every team has 'missing fans'. Every team has games with poor atmosphere etc. It's time we started boasting and celebrating our positives. In my book I talk about Typical City - people think this is a negative but it's not. Last night was 'Typical City" - just when everybody had written us off we deliver in style!

I know I'm biased but I would urge every fan to buy or read my Manchester City Folklore book. Let's start celebrating our club, its history and our records & achievements. If someone claims 40k against Lyon is poor then let's fight back by showing them 33k (11,000 empty seats) LFC v Monaco in the year they won the CL! All I ever want is fair and balanced reporting - it's up to us to ensure the facts are out there.
Great post Gary,and thanks for the 33k scouse snippet ;) and yes,i agree,its up to us to ensure the facts are out there...

Next season,instead of the free stuff we always get with our season cards,City should buy and give every season ticket holder one of these,for a few seasons on the run,we got a small booklet ,best matches at the etihad,best games etc Cmon city,go one better,and give one of the best books on city you could ever hope to buy to everyone.
I, of course, would not say no. It's an excellent idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.