Manchester City Folklore - new book by Gary James

On the link Gary, where do you write your name - i can only seeing billing info as the place to put the name? And will it have room to include a full name, of someone who has 2 middle names?! (Thinking of doing one as a present for someone)

(and is it just names, and not fave player or town you're from like some previous books?) cheers

Just had an email back: On the book page in the store you can add name details in the 'order note' field on the bottom of the checkout page.

Yes, we'll make room for long names. People can put where they're from, if they want to. Like it says.................

At checkout:
1) Please use the ‘note’ field to enter the name you would like added to the subscribers’ list.
2) When Gary is signing your copy, he will by default dedicate the book to this person. If you would prefer no dedication, or a special message, please add a second note.

Example:

1. Bill Smith, Levenshulme
  2. Best wishes to Grandad

On the link Gary, where do you write your name - i can only seeing billing info as the place to put the name? And will it have room to include a full name, of someone who has 2 middle names?! (Thinking of doing one as a present for someone)

(and is it just names, and not fave player or town you're from like some previous books?) cheers

My publisher has confirmed: People can put where they're from, if they want to. Like it says.................

At checkout:
1) Please use the ‘note’ field to enter the name you would like added to the subscribers’ list.
2) When Gary is signing your copy, he will by default dedicate the book to this person. If you would prefer no dedication, or a special message, please add a second note.

Example:

1. Bill Smith, Levenshulme
  2. Best wishes to Grandad

Cheers Gary, sorry for all the questions!

I've just ordered one, it's to have my sons name in it actually - despite being only 19 months old, i think it'd be nice for him to have in the future, been a stressful time as he's not been well so the book is something to look forward to showing him when he's older.
It says order no 968, so i guess 967 names will be above him oh well!!

Thanks again for using some of my pics in your Maine Road book Gary, sorry i was so bossy about credits back then too!! I'm more chilled now ;)

Cheers Gary, sorry for all the questions!

I've just ordered one, it's to have my sons name in it actually - despite being only 19 months old, i think it'd be nice for him to have in the future, been a stressful time as he's not been well so the book is something to look forward to showing him when he's older.
It says order no 968, so i guess 967 names will be above him oh well!!

Thanks again for using some of my pics in your Maine Road book Gary, sorry i was so bossy about credits back then too!! I'm more chilled now ;)
No problem. There haven't been 900 orders for this book yet - I think that's all orders via their website since it was established the other month (i.e. for their other books). You're probably within the first 100 names. Great idea to have it for your son. On the photos - no problem It's important things are properly acknowledged where possible. Of course, if I can ever use any again let me know. Some crackers there. Thanks

Looking forward to reading about our tall floodlights
Nice! I will actually be talking about that in the book - a section on 'Dispelling Myths' - If anyone has any other boasts that others claim on City's behalf (such as biggest pitch, tallest lights etc.) then feel free to post them here. I've still got a small amount of time to include things like that. Aim of that section is to state what the facts are not what we're supposed to boast about. Cheers.

No problem. There haven't been 900 orders for this book yet - I think that's all orders via their website since it was established the other month (i.e. for their other books). You're probably within the first 100 names. Great idea to have it for your son.

On the photos - no problem It's important things are properly acknowledged where possible. Of course, if I can ever use any again let me know. Some crackers there. Thanks

Yeah that makes more sense come to think about it - i'm a bit frazzled/stressed/worried lately so not thinking!

And the pics - you can use any again it's ok, be happy to see them used, hard to believe it's now 15 years since the last match at Maine Road.. where did that time go eh. Busy winning trophies for half of it maybe..! Nowadays a free copy (or 2!) of anything my pics are in is fine ;)

Last edited:
Have nearly all of your books Gary. Will order this tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.