Manchester City have been LUCKY and it cannot last says Arse

"There is only one thing worse than being talked about , and that is not being talked about"
Perhaps Oscar Wilde was a City fan!

We were not lucky against Spurs,you could write a book on it.
We did get the benefit of two decisions against Liverpool and Newcastle( Sterling and Cisse "goals"), but these two bits of luck are offset by Villa's first offside goal and Larson's tackle on Garcia, no points there , could have easily been 4or 6 if the right decisions had been made.
Selective in his argument is Wenger methinks.
As for Chelsea - Villa at home some diabolical decisions in their favour,non penalty against W Brom, foul on Suarez in the area even had Neville saying stonewall pen and didn't they get a dodgy goal against Hull. Nuff said.

bluemurray said:
Lucky!!? Ha ha feckin' ha! Good! I doubt Pellers smokes but if he did, he ought to just sit back, light a large cigar and blow smoke at his oppo's.

We're better than they are. Simples. They know it and don't like it, hence the noise. We are now getting very close to that tipping point we've all hoped for, began to expect when we won the Cup then the League and sometimes also probably doubted would ever really happen since that glorious Monday in September 2008. The moment when City are THE dominant force in the domestic game, closely followed by the European game and then those pointless world club cup matches (if that's what they're called) that have the feel of a glorified Community Shield with none of the benefit to the community.

Our time has come. At last. If you, like me remember the days of Swailes... Luton Town '83... the days of no money and no hope... the Forward (but more backward) with Franny days... the days we would weep over our collective cornflakes as one incompetent manager after another swept in with promises of glory to be promptly swept out along with their brand of shite football and relegation blues... the days when players would state their desire to "walk to Maine Road to play for City" and would then somehow stop at Villa Park or wherever and play there instead... the days when the few hero's we had like Rosler or the Goat were celebrated on the terraces because, regardless of how they might sometimes fall short, they died for the shirt and were all we had.... the days away at York and Lincoln.... the half-season failure to score a single goal at home (and how little time ago was that?)... all that crap and scorn and laughter poured on us by our rag 'neighbours' and their endless toadying mates in the press from the minute they first lifted the Premiership trophy just as were were starting to implode... again... the days when the derby was our cup final, and we usually lost anyway....

If you like me remember these things and all the other bad, mad and sad days following out great club, then like me you will simply love what's coming over the next hill and I don't care who knows about it, what they think and what they try to do about it.

Now we know where we're going baby, we can lay back and enjoy the ride ;).

bluemurray said:
Lucky!!? Ha ha feckin' ha! Good! I doubt Pellers smokes but if he did, he ought to just sit back, light a large cigar and blow smoke at his oppo's.

We're better than they are. Simples. They know it and don't like it, hence the noise. We are now getting very close to that tipping point we've all hoped for, began to expect when we won the Cup then the League and sometimes also probably doubted would ever really happen since that glorious Monday in September 2008. The moment when City are THE dominant force in the domestic game, closely followed by the European game and then those pointless world club cup matches (if that's what they're called) that have the feel of a glorified Community Shield with none of the benefit to the community.

Our time has come. At last. If you, like me remember the days of Swailes... Luton Town '83... the days of no money and no hope... the Forward (but more backward) with Franny days... the days we would weep over our collective cornflakes as one incompetent manager after another swept in with promises of glory to be promptly swept out along with their brand of shite football and relegation blues... the days when players would state their desire to "walk to Maine Road to play for City" and would then somehow stop at Villa Park or wherever and play there instead... the days when the few hero's we had like Rosler or the Goat were celebrated on the terraces because, regardless of how they might sometimes fall short, they died for the shirt and were all we had.... the days away at York and Lincoln.... the half-season failure to score a single goal at home (and how little time ago was that?)... all that crap and scorn and laughter poured on us by our rag 'neighbours' and their endless toadying mates in the press from the minute they first lifted the Premiership trophy just as were were starting to implode... again... the days when the derby was our cup final, and we usually lost anyway....

If you like me remember these things and all the other bad, mad and sad days following out great club, then like me you will simply love what's coming over the next hill and I don't care who knows about it, what they think and what they try to do about it.

Only zeez.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Thanks bluemurray, save me a job.

I'm still a little cautious in my expectations though. I'm seeing us look the part away from home and against good teams like 'spuds' and even the Hammers who had a near full team in the second leg and we still took them apart when Maureen's lot couldn't.

I don't like to celebrate before anything is in the bag but it is looking like we are getting better if anything and are starting to gell into Pellegrini's style of play. The way we knock it around in those triangles and squares around the midfield and even in the final third is awesome.

Shame Kun keeps picking up knocks as he is definitely the main man up front. He seems able to find the net from any angle or from any cross. With him and a full team we are really something special.

We just have to allow for set-backs every now and then.

There will be days between now and the end of the season when things go against us or don't come off or we are unlucky. We have to allow for that. Just hope it doesn't happen against the Mackems. Be nice to get a first trophy of the season under our belts and play like champions on a world stage in front of millions of viewers. Be nice for Pellers as well.

Len Rum said:
We did get the benefit of two decisions against Liverpool and Newcastle( Sterling and Cisse "goals"), but these two bits of luck are offset by Villa's first offside goal and Larson's tackle on Garcia, no points there , could have easily been 4or 6 if the right decisions had been made.
As for Chelsea - Villa at home some diabolical decisions in their favour,non penalty against W Brom, foul on Suarez in the area even had Neville saying stonewall pen and didn't they get a dodgy goal against Hull. Nuff said.

Couldn't agree more with you and bluemurray

absolute quality post, and i can say i was there by your side with thousands of others, sadly many no longer with us to share the great future that surely awaits us

Begbie said:
he's right we are lucky

lucky to have the best strikeforce the game has seen for generations...

lucky to have a manager that doesnt get involved in petty and irrelevant squabbles

lucky to have the owners that any other team on the planet would die for

lucky to have the best support in all the land and all the world

And lucky not to have an arse wipe as manager.....

Len Rum said:
You're forgetting Milner being trampled all over for Sunderlands goal as well, Wenger the whiner would still be going on about that.

i kne albert davy said:
Len Rum said:
You're forgetting Milner being trampled all over for Sunderlands goal as well, Wenger the whiner would still be going on about that.
I think that's the tackle he's claiming was on Garcia. From what I remember, it was Milner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.