Manchester City living in an insulated bubble.

fbloke

Over the past 6 or seven months, perhaps longer I have read dozens of stories about the financial state of football.

And during all of that time I accepted, but never bothered to fully investigate what it means to be a City fan with the owners we have.

As City fans we wake up every morning and know, as a matter of course that City will be there and there is nothing to worry about.

Nowadays we also know, without doubt that City will be safe from relegation and if we lost all 25 member of our squad to long term injury Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, Big Bri' Marwood and Cookie Monster would be able to buy a new squad.

That comfort is simply remarkable. In fact it is, as far as I can tell unique in world sport.

But the downside is that we are too insulated from what the game today is for most clubs and it is making us sound like spoilt brats.

But I dont want this to be about us, spoilt, brattish and blinkered City fans, the press do a far better job than anyone on here distorting the world that City and us fans inhabit.

But I must say that we should really take a look outside our comfortable, financially secure bubble, reflect on what the real world of football is like.

And its not limited to one or two cases is it.

United fans are suffering hugely every single day and I am so glad we dont have to read what they read and live in the fear of losing City they way they fear United.

Liverpool fans are slowly seeing their club shrink in a manner not too disimilar to City under Swales - 2014 before they might get a new, refurbished stadium. No new signings in January. Jesus that takes me back to the bad of days of City

Rangers are in huge debts and people are looking at buying the club but realistically cannot do more than clear debt and then hope for the best, until that happens the fans are left wondering 'what next'.

Sheffield Wednesday through no fault of theirs the fans have had over 15 years of extended debt, visits to the High Court, banks lending more, HMRC forcing the issue of Administration. Lets not forget that Sheffield Wednesday have an unbroken 143 year history of being Wednesday. Even I would be sad to see that go.

Portsmouth talk about a nightmare scenario! they even had an owner that didnt exist FFS!

Notts County Another aged club that I would enjoy seeing in a healthier state but they still dont know where money came from and went.

Newcastle All seems ok now but they still have Ashley in place and went through the phase of being the biggest joke in English footie. Will it ever end?

West Ham The wankiest owners I could imagine now control a grand old club. Someone should tell these opinionated toss pots that they are as much the problem as the solution. Again their fans went through hell to get to where they are now. And we wouldn't want to be where they are now.

Cardiff are enjoying their time in the sun with the help of City but it wasnt that long ago they had Risdale etc etc

Leeds To go from the Risdale era to the relief of Ken Bates says all that needs saying!

Leicester How many owners and how much debt can one club go through in a couple of seasons?

The list of clubs that are, more than likely technically insolvent (or have been) and are at some stage going to ask the courts for more time to pay debts is astounding.

Coventry, Hull, Preston, Watford, Derby, Charlton, MK Dons, Southampton,Exeter,Stockport.

And then we have the likes of Chester who no longer exist.

It is great being a Blue, be it potless under Swales, witless under Franny, potless under Wardle, crazily potless under Thaksin.

Now being a Blue is beyond compare, comfortable, and when you look at the list above it si completely and utterly stress free being a Blue.

So I really do mean it when I say we should thank our lucky stars, and lets think of the decent fans of other clubs who wake up not knowing if this week will be the week they lose their club.

I don't think we have anything to complain about really.

I agree! And to go with the gratefulness I would love our fans to just have a little patience! I don't understand how people can think that we can achieve something now, we can't, we need more time! So let's enjoy the develeopmental stage, let's enjoy the ride, we are nowhere near the finised article yet still are well in touch with the top of the league!

In the grand old scheme of "how fucked the world will be over the next decade", I take great comfort in knowing that the future is blue.

we are blessed with the owners we have truly we are,we keep moving forward as a club.did anyone notice which airline won best airline award second year running "etihad" that to me speaks volumes about our owners and abu dhabi.they will not be second best,keep the faith fellow blues we are in safe hands

fbloke said:
Over the past 6 or seven months, perhaps longer I have read dozens of stories about the financial state of football.

And during all of that time I accepted, but never bothered to fully investigate what it means to be a City fan with the owners we have.

As City fans we wake up every morning and know, as a matter of course that City will be there and there is nothing to worry about.

Nowadays we also know, without doubt that City will be safe from relegation and if we lost all 25 member of our squad to long term injury Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, Big Bri' Marwood and Cookie Monster would be able to buy a new squad.

That comfort is simply remarkable. In fact it is, as far as I can tell unique in world sport.

But the downside is that we are too insulated from what the game today is for most clubs and it is making us sound like spoilt brats.

But I dont want this to be about us, spoilt, brattish and blinkered City fans, the press do a far better job than anyone on here distorting the world that City and us fans inhabit.

But I must say that we should really take a look outside our comfortable, financially secure bubble, reflect on what the real world of football is like.

United fans are suffering hugely every single day and I am so glad we dont have to read what they read and live in the fear of losing City they way they fear United.

Liverpool fans are slowly seeing their club shrink in a manner not too disimilar to City under Swales - 2014 before they might get a new, refurbished stadium. No new signings in January. Jesus that takes me back to the bad of days of City

Rangers are in huge debts and people are looking at buying the club but realistically cannot do more than clear debt and then hope for the best, until that happens the fans are left wondering 'what next'.

Sheffield Wednesday through no fault of theirs the fans have had over 15 years of extended debt, visits to the High Court, banks lending more, HMRC forcing the issue of Administration. Lets not forget that Sheffield Wednesday have an unbroken 143 year history of being Wednesday. Even I would be sad to see that go.

Portsmouth talk about a nightmare scenario! they even had an owner that didnt exist FFS!

Notts County Another aged club that I would enjoy seeing in a healthier state but they still dont know where money came from and went.

Newcastle All seems ok now but they still have Ashley in place and went through the phase of being the biggest joke in English footie. Will it ever end?

West Ham The wankiest owners I could imagine now control a grand old club. Someone should tell these opinionated toss pots that they are as much the problem as the solution. Again their fans went through hell to get to where they are now. And we wouldn't want to be where they are now.

Cardiff are enjoying their time in the sun with the help of City but it wasnt that long ago they had Risdale etc etc

Leeds To go from the Risdale era to the relief of Ken Bates says all that needs saying!

Leicester How many owners and how much debt can one club go through in a couple of seasons?

The list of clubs that are, more than likely technically insolvent (or have been) and are at some stage going to ask the courts for more time to pay debts is astounding.

Coventry, Hull, Preston, Watford, Derby, Charlton, MK Dons, Southampton,Exeter,Stockport.

It is great being a Blue, be it potless under Swales, witless under Franny, potless under Wardle, crazily potless under Thaksin.

Now being a Blue is beyond compare, comfortable, and when you look at the list above it si completely and utterly stress free being a Blue.

So I really do mean it when I say we should thank our lucky stars, and lets think of the decent fans of other clubs who wake up not knowing if this week will be the week they lose their club.

Decent sentiment, but don't recall any other fans 'feeling for us' when we plummeted the depths.

It's somebody else's turn to take it up the arse.

And I want it administered hard and slow, thirty years of payback.

Fook em all. Fbloke, it's not a case of counting our current blessings.

The biggest blessing is that we are blues, money, good, bad or indifferent.

Up the shitter with all of 'em.

i couldnt care less about the others, no one would have cared or would care if we were still in the old 2 div. it be a case of poor little city use to be with the big boys, what a shame and then their fans would piss themselves at us. now i am not saying that we should laugh at the other clubs downfall, but i only care about one club. if we win this weekend i will be so happy, but if we lose, i will be well and truly p***edoff, and waiting for the next game

I agree with your sentiment.

But I dont think 2010 is Doomsday and everything in the past was rosy. Most football clubs - probably excepting Arsenal (and Liverpool UNTIL NOW) - have always lived on the edge. Just as 2 examples United were broke in 1974 and City followed them under the Swales/Alison combination with both blaming each other ever after.

Clubs have been going under since Accrington Stanley - then a 2nd tier established traditional club (1961/2?) and the list of those over the years is long.

The sums may be a bit bigger now, but so is the number of blokes and companies to 'invest' - there's still a hell of a lot more saviours out there than there were in 1974! And the revenues are much more than a Saturday terrace ticket.

The eternal truth is that enthusiastic football owners will push the boat just that bit too far to try and win. Except for the sensible, hard-headed businessmen, but that's not traditional football in England or Europe is it!!!?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
fbloke said:

Decent sentiment, but don't recall any other fans 'feeling for us' when we plummeted the depths.

It's somebody else's turn to take it up the arse.

And I want it administered hard and slow, thirty years of payback.

Fook em all. Fbloke, it's not a case of counting our current blessings.

The biggest blessing is that we are blues, money, good, bad or indifferent.

Up the shitter with all of 'em.

Ha ha ha! You've become an angry man, TH. Have you been spending more time with that brother of yours or what?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.