Manchester City living in an insulated bubble.

the brattish thing is definately kicking in for some...us vets know better though dont we?...im gonna get all philosophical on your ass and say 'This too shall pass'...the only constant in any club is the fans...long may it continue

I do talk about the decent fans of these clubs.

There are many gobshites I would like to see suffer from all manner of other clubs, but I put myself in the place of a Wednesday fan or a Notts County fan like me and thank god we arent there any more.

TH, I agree that we have suffered and its the turn of others but it seems far worse now for decent clubs as well.

GStar said:
By the same sentiment, our owners could sell up or pull out investement whenever they like. We should never take what we have right now for granted, we could quite easily end up in an even worse state than Sheff Wed if things took a wrong turn.

Exactly

Sad thing is you never get to hear about good owners in the media, its always "foreign owners/too much money ruining the game etc etc."
We never hear any praise of how are owners are investing in the club not taking debts against it.
I understand also how some people might say we are more vulnerable being dependent on one owner, hopefully if we win a couple of trophies in the next few years that'll increase the market value of Manchester City into a global football brand. For no one would expect Liverpool or Man U$h*ted to fall into the same trouble financially as say Portsmouth??? Unfortunately the "big" get a break when it comes to finances for example Platini's fair play rules.

The financial state of football is a bloody scandal. As a business it attracts money like never before, the cash pouring into the game should mean that the sport should be as secure as it has ever been. Instead, because clubs have allowed players wage demands to spiral out of control, we have a situation where clubs with a decent income stream are struggling.
No footballer is worth more than 10k per week and if that were the top wage today, you can bet the likes of Messi etc. wouldn't turn their noses up at it.
City may be in a financially enviable position but the distaste I have for what players are taking out of the game is never far from my thoughts, especially when I see half hearted performances. Footballs (the industry) injuries are all self inflicted, so I couldn't give a flying poop what happens to struggling clubs and if City come a cropper then so be it.
We expect surgeons to save lives and work at 100% all the time, all year for what a PL player earns in a few days. When a PL player isn't performing it's put down to poor form.....bless!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Decent sentiment, but don't recall any other fans 'feeling for us' when we plummeted the depths.

It's somebody else's turn to take it up the arse.

And I want it administered hard and slow, thirty years of payback.

Fook em all. Fbloke, it's not a case of counting our current blessings.

The biggest blessing is that we are blues, money, good, bad or indifferent.

Up the shitter with all of 'em.

But surely this is the sentiment we should be showing other fans, yes we are in a good place now but we should feel for the others. We need to remember where we were and without the other clubs there will be nothing to win.

I for one do not want any club to go bust.

I will always feel empathy for fans of big clubs fallen on hard times. Like Leeds, Sheff Weds etc.

We were there, I remember how it felt.

Obviously Man Utd would be the exception to this rule.

Thought I'd take a look at attendance stats and see if there was a marked difference.

Now many football league clubs are really struggling with matchdays, but the Prem at the moment is holding on.

This season 9 clubs have had an increase in attendances, 5 of which(including the 3 promoted clubs) of over 1%, the other 2 being Fulham(5%) and us(1.6%).

Blackpool are the clear winners with a 45% increase in attendances, meanwhile the other promoted clubs have a slightly more modest increase, Newcastle(3.7%) and WBA(5.4%).

Meanwhile Wigan are the biggest losers, losing 9% of their matchday attendance on average this season. Of the other 11 clubs suffering a drop, Sunderland, Villa, Wolves and Blackburn have all seen a drop of over 2%.

More interesting is the percentage of the capacity used this season. Now you'd expect the big clubs to be at the top, and you're right, with Arsenal using 99.4% of the Emirates whilst United use 99.2%. In total 8 clubs use over 97% of their capacity, 12 over 90%.

Again Wigan are bottom of the pile, using just 63% of the DW. There is a hugh gap to Blackburn and Bolton who use 78% of their grounds, everybody else is over 80%.

So there are some of the stats, like I said though the football league is quite a bit worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.