Manchester City living in an insulated bubble.

I think all at City should be very grateful for the financial assistance and input of JD Sports founders John Wardle and Dave Makin, at a time when City were in danger of going under.

They did not have untold riches like our present owners..

Wasn't that long ago either.

You know what got me thinking, there was a headline yesterday about the Barca / Real split in Spain and I thought, you know what, every person in Spain could either support Barca or Real !!
The world seems to be shrinking, there are too many football clubs, clubs that were once deemed to far away to support, aren't really, I can see where football, big money football, will have one League of massive clubs, starting with a Euro League, it's just the way the money is concentrated, smaller clubs have no chance of competing unless they are owned by billionaires,
grass roots football will carry on, but professional football is going to be very different in the not far future

GStar said:
By the same sentiment, our owners could sell up or pull out investement whenever they like. We should never take what we have right now for granted, we could quite easily end up in an even worse state than Sheff Wed if things took a wrong turn.
which i what i said in a different way....lol

tolmie,love the post mate and agree with every word.its our turn for 20-30 years(who knows how long) of being in the sunshiiiine ! fuck them all !!!

citysix said:
we are blessed with the owners we have truly we are,we keep moving forward as a club.did anyone notice which airline won best airline award second year running "etihad" that to me speaks volumes about our owners and abu dhabi.they will not be second best,keep the faith fellow blues we are in safe hands
nice input didnt know that. gives me faith!!

I'll reserve my sympathy for those Clubs that deserve it. Those that fuelled the arms race of spiralling transfer fees and wage demands reap what they sow. especially if they've enjoyed the success that brought. City rode the tiger with Swales, it savaged us hard and we received little in the way of commiseration. Nor did we deserve it.
So, Chester you have my best wishes, Utd can go f*ck itself.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Decent sentiment, but don't recall any other fans 'feeling for us' when we plummeted the depths.

It's somebody else's turn to take it up the arse.

And I want it administered hard and slow, thirty years of payback.

Fook em all. Fbloke, it's not a case of counting our current blessings.

The biggest blessing is that we are blues, money, good, bad or indifferent.

Up the shitter with all of 'em.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

fbloke said:
Over the past 6 or seven months, perhaps longer I have read dozens of stories about the financial state of football.

And during all of that time I accepted, but never bothered to fully investigate what it means to be a City fan with the owners we have.

As City fans we wake up every morning and know, as a matter of course that City will be there and there is nothing to worry about.

Nowadays we also know, without doubt that City will be safe from relegation and if we lost all 25 member of our squad to long term injury Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, Big Bri' Marwood and Cookie Monster would be able to buy a new squad.

That comfort is simply remarkable. In fact it is, as far as I can tell unique in world sport.

But the downside is that we are too insulated from what the game today is for most clubs and it is making us sound like spoilt brats.

But I dont want this to be about us, spoilt, brattish and blinkered City fans, the press do a far better job than anyone on here distorting the world that City and us fans inhabit.

But I must say that we should really take a look outside our comfortable, financially secure bubble, reflect on what the real world of football is like.

And its not limited to one or two cases is it.

United fans are suffering hugely every single day and I am so glad we dont have to read what they read and live in the fear of losing City they way they fear United.

Liverpool fans are slowly seeing their club shrink in a manner not too disimilar to City under Swales - 2014 before they might get a new, refurbished stadium. No new signings in January. Jesus that takes me back to the bad of days of City

Rangers are in huge debts and people are looking at buying the club but realistically cannot do more than clear debt and then hope for the best, until that happens the fans are left wondering 'what next'.

Sheffield Wednesday through no fault of theirs the fans have had over 15 years of extended debt, visits to the High Court, banks lending more, HMRC forcing the issue of Administration. Lets not forget that Sheffield Wednesday have an unbroken 143 year history of being Wednesday. Even I would be sad to see that go.

Portsmouth talk about a nightmare scenario! they even had an owner that didnt exist FFS!

Notts County Another aged club that I would enjoy seeing in a healthier state but they still dont know where money came from and went.

Newcastle All seems ok now but they still have Ashley in place and went through the phase of being the biggest joke in English footie. Will it ever end?

West Ham The wankiest owners I could imagine now control a grand old club. Someone should tell these opinionated toss pots that they are as much the problem as the solution. Again their fans went through hell to get to where they are now. And we wouldn't want to be where they are now.

Cardiff are enjoying their time in the sun with the help of City but it wasnt that long ago they had Risdale etc etc

Leeds To go from the Risdale era to the relief of Ken Bates says all that needs saying!

Leicester How many owners and how much debt can one club go through in a couple of seasons?

The list of clubs that are, more than likely technically insolvent (or have been) and are at some stage going to ask the courts for more time to pay debts is astounding.

Coventry, Hull, Preston, Watford, Derby, Charlton, MK Dons, Southampton,Exeter,Stockport.

And then we have the likes of Chester who no longer exist.

It is great being a Blue, be it potless under Swales, witless under Franny, potless under Wardle, crazily potless under Thaksin.

Now being a Blue is beyond compare, comfortable, and when you look at the list above it si completely and utterly stress free being a Blue.

So I really do mean it when I say we should thank our lucky stars, and lets think of the decent fans of other clubs who wake up not knowing if this week will be the week they lose their club.

I don't think we have anything to complain about really.

Well said.
Not a lot to boo about is there!!

Who cares about anyone else, where were they when we were in shit, relegated to the third division with massive debts, this is our tine in the sun and let's enjoy it and don't be worried about shouting from the roof tops, we are city and we will be champions.

fbloke said:
I do talk about the decent fans of these clubs.

There are many gobshites I would like to see suffer from all manner of other clubs, but I put myself in the place of a Wednesday fan or a Notts County fan like me and thank god we arent there any more.

TH, I agree that we have suffered and its the turn of others but it seems far worse now for decent clubs as well.

The worst thing for any fan is to have the last game at home, win it, and 'cos of other results, yer go down. I can still see the faces of fans around the country - final whistle and they are stunned. By far the worse thing in football life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.