Manchester City - Premier League Champions 2022/23

No it isn’t, it’s just the hallmark of arrogance, which is a particularly unattractive human quality.

look, I don’t know whether this is what you genuinely think or if you are just here to wind people up and get a reaction, but either way you might want to have a good look in the mirror because whether you’re a sad **** or an entitled ****, the bottom line is that you’re just a ****.
He is probably one of those southern based copywriters earning a living from those made up phrases used on corporate posters that when thought about are just bollox.

Perhaps what happened in Dortmund today will help people around the world more fully appreciate our final day performances (and our chasing down the likes of United, Liverpool, and Arsenal).

They think it is easy, but it isn’t. The pressure is like a lead collar around your neck. You need to have not only the talent but the mentality to get over the line. Especially when you go down a goal or two (5 or 8 points), as we have several times.

You have to back each other and yourself to pull one back. Then another. Then to find the winner. To keep winning, when every team wants to be the one that stops you.

You have to have the belief; to be able to see it as not only a possibility, but an inevitability.

And that comes with experience and leadership. It comes from the touchline, from a manager and coaches that never think it is over. It comes from strength and grit on the pitch.

Dortmund didn’t have that. To be fair, most teams in the world don’t.

What we have achieved—and the way in which we have achieved it—is astounding.

We may never get full credit for doing it over and over and over again. But we all know.

And we’ll always remember.

Hey wait a minute. Is this a true table?
Because from the media I started to believe that we would be in the top 3(3rd or 2nd place behind United).
Transfer balance for Premier League - Transfer activity of the last 5 years(LINK)

This is for last 5 seasons the net spend.

View attachment 80661
I think it's reasonably accurate, but is probably just 1st team spending only, which is only part of the story, especially with City's academy and Chelseas stockpile of players.

A very accurate breakdown is available here by a Blue on here (whose BM handle I can't remember):

Which has us 15th...

I think transfermarkt's figures are a reasonable guide, but BCB's figures are damn accurate (he has online google spreadsheets for each team, breaking down each player's price and where the figure was obtained from) and take into account exchange rate fluctuations far better IIRC.

I would use a link to BCB's page, if you have any need to school cartel followers on accuracy of their 'Pep's chequebook City spending has ruined the league' bollox

Went to all 42 league matches in 1967/68, I just had a feeling that we would do well that year. Last match at Newcastle and the BBC sent their cameras to Old Toilet for the Rags match v Sunderland.

Rags lost and we won a thriller 4-3 at St. James Park, what a night we had afterwards.
The best was the announcer at Sid James' Park. At half time he announced the score from Old Toilet: Manchester U****d 1, Sunderland 2. Big Cheers all around.
At full time, he came on again: Mu 1....
Never heard the rest due to the roar of the crowd! (Already on the pitch by then, of course)
Had my first pint 0f the day at Scotch Corner on the way back. Pubs too busy before.
Missed 5 matches that season - 3 at home, 2 away. Well, I was still at school in my A level year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.