Manchester City strengthens Executive Leadership Team

Does anyone know what Marwood's qualifications are for this role ? I'd be interested to know. He has always come over as "bright" for a footballer, presumably he has significant qualifications to prove it ?

Were these posts advertised ? If so anyone know what competition there was ?

Interesting appointments anyway.

Interesting thread this. Cook's already said that Marwood won't be a Director of Football after hughes made his opposition clear. So what's he going to be doing i wonder i'm not quite clear. Surely as far as scouting is concerned we're well covered at youth level and as for the senior, hughes has proved himself adept, certainly from the Bundesliga. Are we then talking about improving our scouting network in the domestic lower leagues, an area where we have failed miserably for many years, although everton and villa apart, not many of the big clubs take chances in this area. I've met Marwood years ago, at lilleshall Football academy in Shropshire, remember that! I was a radio reporter interviewing Doug Ellis and a few others , anyway marwood is introduced and he was bringing over a load of football boots (maybe nike) Anyway, he seemed switched on, not the usual brand of ex-footballer, and very much a people person. I reckon he's not just mates with cook but hughes as well. Have you noticed when he used to summarise for sky he was always refering to hughes as mark and i very much got the impression that he knew him, liked him and wanted him to succeed. So maybe he will be a footballing link between hughes and the board and the media where i can see him kicking a fe arses. As for transfers, kaka didn't really want to come but we actually needed an agent, and cook's mistake was thinking that we can do without them when dealing with transfers. There's no way that an experienced agent would have let cook to not deal with the issue of wages first and foremost. Overall, i agree the set up looks very much like hughes will get another season. I've been very much in the pro-hughes camp, as opposed to a mate who hated him from the off just because of his united background. But now i'm leaning towards the position of if he's stays, fine, if he goes, fine, as long as a top manager is brought in. I'll forgive managers a lot but the fact that we now have are third straight negative minded manager is a concern. Lining up basically with 8 defensive minded players will never get us anywhere. In the words of Tony soprano, "i'm old school." If we have the ball then the opposition can't score.

BillyShears said:
Wouldn't disagree with any of that...i'm looking for him to become as talismanic as players like Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard, and Fabregas are. He could be the heartbeat of our team, but he's short at the moment. He still needs others around him to perform for him to perform, whereas the players I just mentioned can raise their entire teams game...

I certainly think he can do for City what those players have done for their respective clubs, he definetly has the strength of character and the mindset to go about it. I sincerely hope he gets the chance here to do it and I hope City feel the same way and that both parties can agree to a long term contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.