Manchester City Supporters Trust - Does it exist?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
The names Ray Ranson and Alistair Mackintosh......... sends shivers down the spine...... (reaches for the whiskey...)
Were you involved in a previous attempt to set up a Trust? There's something at the back of my mind that you were.

Mackintosh was a habitual liar, who would tell you what he thought you wanted to hear regardless of whether it had any relation to the truth. He claimed he and his family were "lifelong blues" yet his father gave an interview to the local paper where he lived, saying they were rags. Then there were stories that he'd even been a mascot at a rags games and someone tracked it down to a game at Stoke (which is where the family were living at the time). He then claimed he was a Stoke mascot but someone (might have been Bill Borrows) found a photograph that proved otherwise. And that was the man who ran our club for a few years. He's now at Fulham and look where they are.

We had a narrow escape from Ranson. Wardle simply wouldn't deal with him and he got that spot on. We were in regular contact and offered to back him if we could have 20% of the shares but he wouldn't commit. He was also very vague about the source of his financial backing and someone in the media mentioned hedge fund Sisu to us. That meant debt and we'd made it clear we wouldn't welcome anything that involved further debt. He went to Coventry instead and we all know how that turned out.

Fellow Mod, Mad Eyed Screamer is a published author who has written a few books.

He could probably give a few tips about writing inbetween talking about Morrissey. Obviously Dave Mooney, Howard Hockin, Gary James, Phil Neale and quite a few other authors are also on here regularly. You should do it mate.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
The names Ray Ranson and Alistair Mackintosh......... sends shivers down the spine...... (reaches for the whiskey...)
Were you involved in a previous attempt to set up a Trust? There's something at the back of my mind that you were.

Mackintosh was a habitual liar, who would tell you what he thought you wanted to hear regardless of whether it had any relation to the truth. He claimed he and his family were "lifelong blues" yet his father gave an interview to the local paper where he lived, saying they were rags. Then there were stories that he'd even been a mascot at a rags games and someone tracked it down to a game at Stoke (which is where the family were living at the time). He then claimed he was a Stoke mascot but someone (might have been Bill Borrows) found a photograph that proved otherwise. And that was the man who ran our club for a few years. He's now at Fulham and look where they are.

We had a narrow escape from Ranson. Wardle simply wouldn't deal with him and he got that spot on. We were in regular contact and offered to back him if we could have 20% of the shares but he wouldn't commit. He was also very vague about the source of his financial backing and someone in the media mentioned hedge fund Sisu to us. That meant debt and we'd made it clear we wouldn't welcome anything that involved further debt. He went to Coventry instead and we all know how that turned out.

No, wasn't me!
With Blue Print I was the first (I think) to call for an independent supporters association after Frank Horrocks declared the OSC 100% behind Mr Swales, but never involved with Trust talks.
For some reason I thought Mackintosh was a Bournemouth fan (despite claiming to be a Blue)

Damocles said:
Fellow Mod, Mad Eyed Screamer is a published author who has written a few excellent and best selling books.

He could probably give a few tips about writing inbetween talking about Morrissey. Obviously Dave Mooney, Howard Hockin, Gary James, Phil Neale and quite a few other authors are also on here regularly. You should do it mate.

Edited for accuracy ;)

Yes PB, any help I can offer please ask!

I'll offer a compromise. I really don't think there's enough material for a book and even if there was, I'm not going to have time to research and write it as I'm hopefully going to be busy with a client project for the rest of this calendar year. Also I wouldnt want to tread on Gary James' toes as I know he's got a book waiting in the wings that covers the period.

But I will put together something like 10-12,000 words and publish them in parts on here. I've already started so watch this space.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

The thought of Ranson and his backers getting control of City is truly frightening, especially when you look what has happened to Coventry, scary stuff.

Prestwich_Blue said:
I'll offer a compromise. I really don't think there's enough material for a book and even if there was, I'm not going to have time to research and write it as I'm hopefully going to be busy with a client project for the rest of this calendar year. Also I wouldnt want to tread on Gary James' toes as I know he's got a book waiting in the wings that covers the period.

But I will put together something like 10-12,000 words and publish them in parts on here. I've already started so watch this space.

PB, thanks for taking the time. I look forward to reading the articles. Really interesting and informative.

P.B., Gary, there have been a few mentions on this thread of Ray Ranson and I am aware that we have to be aware of the libel laws etc (Ric - miilions of pounds etc) but my recollection is that a large number of Blues (me included) thought Ranson would be ideal. he said all the right things and came across as wealthy and business savvy. As it progressed I seem to recall that it came to light that he was no more than a front man put forward by the real people (the hedge fund referred to earlier?). They were using him because of his City career. Ranson himself had little money and little experience of running such a large organisation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.