Manchester City V Aston Villa pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pongowaring said:
Skashion said:
pongowaring said:
I'm a Villa fan, and, in reply to some of the stuff posted here:

- I can't stand Liverpool. I hope they never win the league again. Ever.

- I don't really give too much of a shit if you've bought the league. Money rules. There's no point getting upset about it. If it isn't you it'll just be someone even more objectionable, like Chelsea.

- VillaTalk is populated by uppity spastics. You're lucky you couldn't post there.

- There is some utter bollocks on here about Villa. To suggest our fans are any more bitter about you than anyone else is rubbish. Some of us even remember the "Good Luck Villa, From the City of Manchester" banner, but I suspect most of those rolling out the "bitter" line weren't around that far back.

re tomorrow

- Benteke isn't just out (I cant believe some of you are acting like this is a surprise, he can't stand up to go for a piss at the moment, let alone play, he's out till Christmas)

- we have a much better record against decent sides than we do shit ones. We beat you, obviously (although the first half was the most one sided 45 minutes I've ever seen), but we also took a point at Anfield, won at the Emirates, beat Chelsea at home and should have won at Stamford Bridge but for a ludicrous refereeing performance.

- we are a team which is affected massively by confidence. When we've got it, we are capable of playing very well indeed, way beyond our league position. When we don't have it, we are one of the worst teams in the league. Tomorrow we're safe, we've got nothing to play for, the pressure is totally off. My money is not on us winning or getting anything, but I am almost certain it will be one of our better displays, absolutely.

I genuinely dont understand why so many of you seem so bitter. We are currently financially entirely feeble. We are no threat to you, but there seems a fair old amount of bitterness.

Basically, it'll be an interesting game tomorrow, but, just like it was the fact that Liverpool weren't good enough to beat Palace which screwed them last night, if you can't beat us, then maybe you don't deserve to win the league.

We'll find out tomorrow.
Must not have been Villa fans waving fake bank notes at Gareth Barry then, nope, definitely not:

detail-barry2.jpg

Of course, you've never booed him either? So why did Villa fans react like that? You claim it's because he went for the money but those words ring hollow now. he simply had more foresight than most Villa fans and could see we were going to be the ones in contention for major trophies, and just because Villa fans lacked that foresight, you boo him after serving you for ten years. I don't think a time-served City player would ever receive treatment for going to play for a club on the up. We sold Shaun Wright Philips to Chelsea and he got a heroes welcome when he returned.

You're acting as if he's the only player to get booed at a former club.

As someone else pointed out, it isn't about Man City with Barry, it goes back to his disgraceful behaviour when he thought Liverpool were going to sign him. Vomit inducing front page begging letter in the local newspaper. It isn't even remotely just about the fact he went to City.

And, really, one bloke waving money in the crowd, and a bit of booing?

Let's be honest, it's not exactly a cauldron of hate, is it?

Compare that with the reception James Milner gets, for example.

yes you boo him as well, you bitter fucking twats

the originalkippaxman said:
Lancet Fluke said:
hateutd said:
Do you remember,Luton (1982),and QPR (1998) :(

Do you know what, I really don't remember QPR on the final day in 1998. ;)

Not to be petty but final game in 98 was Stoke away which we won 5-2

I know, that's why I don't remember it. I was just trying to be pedantic in a more subtle way. And who could forget the joys of being relegated and then showered with bricks, just to put the tin hat on a perfect day?

Chance of getting back on topic and talking about tonights game?

Hart

Zabba
VK
MDM
Kolarov

Ferna
Yaya
Nasri
Milner

Silva

Dzeko

squirtyflower said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
squirtyflower said:
Just been told I've got to go to a 'late' meeting
Ffs!!!!

Can see it being a struggle to get there as it's in Chester!

On a brighter note, you can get £3k for your seasoncard.
Every cloud, and all that.
Except my seasoncard is here in Chester with me, and I'd be lucky to get 3 Mars bars knowing my mates

You don't need the money anyway ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.