Manchester City V Aston Villa pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
levets said:
noise said:
Last time around, we were struggling away and we had issues defensively (at the beginning of the season in particluar).

3:2 was the result, first goal we conceded from a defensive error, second was a free kick and third was a counter attack, as we were trying to win the game.

I don't feel as nervous as I felt vs. Everton and Crystal Palace, but I do feel nervous nonetheless.

second was a free kick
===========
That wasn't a free kick.
Nah it was, Nastasic jumped in and it cost us.

supermankrypton said:
Quietly confident we'll go out and put on a sterling performance, akin to the beginning of the season. I can see three or four goals. the team will be hungry to prove a point to all the doubters and all the media nonsense of late. A great opportunity to give a big f£££ you to UEFA and stamp our well deserved authority on the league, ready to go into Sunday confident of bringing it home. COME ON BLUES!!
i feel sick,but i realy hope you re right.....!!!!!!!! :(

Massive favourites of course, and I think we'll win the game, but just anything other than a defeat please City.

Our manager isn't as naive as Liverpool's, if we're winning at 65/70 mins I would expect some defensive changes. It isn't a must win, it's a mustn't lose.

Whatever the result it's going down to the final day, and we're really good at final days :)

Come on you mighty blue boys!

Rise to the occasion and show the world what you are made of.

I am totally over FFP! Get to the Etihad tonight and show the football world how much the team and the club mean to you!

Skashion said:
pongowaring said:
I'm a Villa fan, and, in reply to some of the stuff posted here:

- I can't stand Liverpool. I hope they never win the league again. Ever.

- I don't really give too much of a shit if you've bought the league. Money rules. There's no point getting upset about it. If it isn't you it'll just be someone even more objectionable, like Chelsea.

- VillaTalk is populated by uppity spastics. You're lucky you couldn't post there.

- There is some utter bollocks on here about Villa. To suggest our fans are any more bitter about you than anyone else is rubbish. Some of us even remember the "Good Luck Villa, From the City of Manchester" banner, but I suspect most of those rolling out the "bitter" line weren't around that far back.

re tomorrow

- Benteke isn't just out (I cant believe some of you are acting like this is a surprise, he can't stand up to go for a piss at the moment, let alone play, he's out till Christmas)

- we have a much better record against decent sides than we do shit ones. We beat you, obviously (although the first half was the most one sided 45 minutes I've ever seen), but we also took a point at Anfield, won at the Emirates, beat Chelsea at home and should have won at Stamford Bridge but for a ludicrous refereeing performance.

- we are a team which is affected massively by confidence. When we've got it, we are capable of playing very well indeed, way beyond our league position. When we don't have it, we are one of the worst teams in the league. Tomorrow we're safe, we've got nothing to play for, the pressure is totally off. My money is not on us winning or getting anything, but I am almost certain it will be one of our better displays, absolutely.

I genuinely dont understand why so many of you seem so bitter. We are currently financially entirely feeble. We are no threat to you, but there seems a fair old amount of bitterness.

Basically, it'll be an interesting game tomorrow, but, just like it was the fact that Liverpool weren't good enough to beat Palace which screwed them last night, if you can't beat us, then maybe you don't deserve to win the league.

We'll find out tomorrow.
Must not have been Villa fans waving fake bank notes at Gareth Barry then, nope, definitely not:

detail-barry2.jpg

Of course, you've never booed him either? So why did Villa fans react like that? You claim it's because he went for the money but those words ring hollow now. he simply had more foresight than most Villa fans and could see we were going to be the ones in contention for major trophies, and just because Villa fans lacked that foresight, you boo him after serving you for ten years. I don't think a time-served City player would ever receive treatment for going to play for a club on the up. We sold Shaun Wright Philips to Chelsea and he got a heroes welcome when he returned.

You're acting as if he's the only player to get booed at a former club.

As someone else pointed out, it isn't about Man City with Barry, it goes back to his disgraceful behaviour when he thought Liverpool were going to sign him. Vomit inducing front page begging letter in the local newspaper. It isn't even remotely just about the fact he went to City.

And, really, one bloke waving money in the crowd, and a bit of booing?

Let's be honest, it's not exactly a cauldron of hate, is it?

Compare that with the reception James Milner gets, for example.

I am pretty confident of a win tonight but hope we do not go too goal crazy - 3:0 would be perfect as it will not scare Fat Sam so much that he tries to park the bus against us in a medieval style for the last match.

It would also allow us to notch 100 prem goals with our first on Sunday and then try to beat Chavski's record of 103 for a season.

Now, having well and truly tempted fate, I'm off for a cup of tea

TangerineSteve17 said:
Whatever the result it's going down to the final day, and we're really good at final days :)
Do you remember,Luton (1982),and QPR (1998) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.