Manchester City v Chelsea EDS Thursday 8th January 2015

Whenever I see one of them as an unused sub, I can't help but think back 2 or 3 years to George Evans being on the bench against Ajax.

Everyone was excited, the City fan so close to becoming the first player to represent us at all levels. I don't think he's made the bench since (has he?) and in 2015 he's playing for the EDS in a different position.

Pozo's recent promotion excited me though because it was more than a token gesture, they put faith in him and gave him games. Unfortunately he didn't grab his chance, largely because he was out of position. But let's say he had grabbed his chance and scored goals, then we'd possibly be looking at a player permanently promoted. The opportunity was there for more than 1 game and I think that's something we haven't seen for a while. Maybe it's significant.

I hope if Barker (or anyone else) gets his chance, he can quickly grab it because in such a competitive and difficult environment, it feels like you have to or you could get quickly left behind or at best, sent out on loan in the hopes you set the world on fire (probably what will happen next with Pozo).

LoveCity said:
Whenever I see one of them as an unused sub, I can't help but think back 2 or 3 years to George Evans being on the bench against Ajax.

Everyone was excited, the City fan so close to becoming the first player to represent us at all levels. I don't think he's made the bench since (has he?) and in 2015 he's playing for the EDS in a different position.

Pozo's recent promotion excited me though because it was more than a token gesture, they put faith in him and gave him games. Unfortunately he didn't grab his chance, largely because he was out of position. But let's say he had grabbed his chance and scored goals, then we'd possibly be looking at a player permanently promoted. The opportunity was there for more than 1 game and I think that's something we haven't seen for a while. Maybe it's significant.

I hope if Barker (or anyone else) gets his chance, he can quickly grab it because in such a competitive and difficult environment, it feels like you have to or you could get quickly left behind or at best, sent out on loan in the hopes you set the world on fire (probably what will happen next with Pozo).

Pozo's inclusion stinks imo, as they were willing to use him to fill a gap when it suited them, but have not had the decency to give him even ten minutes in his real position, & give him the chance to show what he can do.

Worse than not picking him at all. Doubt he feels that, but I do. It shows no interest in his development whatsoever, just a pawn in the game.

WNRH said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
WNRH said:
There is a reason why Glendon has played every minute of every game this season and is the captain. He never gets the plaudits of the attacking players but watching him play he is vital to the team which when your manager is Patrick Vieria, one of the games greatest midfielders who was captain of his club and country says a lot about how highly Vieira must rate him, especially when Evans, Bryan and Byrne are all holding midfielders and haven't been able to displace him once.

I sort of understand that BUT he isn't going to make it at City is he? I am not saying Byrne and Bryan are better than he is in the role but I would suggest that both have a little more chance of making it at City

If i am being honest, i don't think any of them will make it at City, not because they aren't good enough but because they will never get the chance to. It's all about opinions at the end of the day but the club must rate him highly, he's been the kingpin of a very successful EDS side the last 18 months, didn't he sign a long term contract as well recently, on the bench v Bayern, the club must rate him highly. Be interesting to see when he goes on loan how he does and he's the only one at that age not to go on loan so far.
Horsefield hasn't been out has he? Neither have any of the goalies (that I'm aware of) although goalies are probably a special case.
He's also (Glendon) only a few months older than a lot of the 18 year olds.

I'm not sure I want us to do a Chelsea but then again we come back to a lack of 'B' teams ans the whole "why England are crap" debate.
I have the feeling that will only ever get sorted if the whole of the FA resign and the clubs get to vote new members in who actually know what they're doing.

Edit: Intima is 19 and hasn't been out on loan either having researched a bit but Eirik Johansen (goalie) has been out a couple of times.

Neville Kneville said:
LoveCity said:

Pozo's inclusion stinks imo, as they were willing to use him to fill a gap when it suited them, but have not had the decency to give him even ten minutes in his real position, & give him the chance to show what he can do.

Worse than not picking him at all. Doubt he feels that, but I do. It shows no interest in his development whatsoever, just a pawn in the game.
You make it sound as if City are out to sabotage his career. Do you not think that if they were just looking for a warm body to fill the striker spot that we didn't have any number of senior players who (with hindsight at least) would have done a better job?

ColinLee said:
Neville Kneville said:
LoveCity said:

You make it sound as if City are out to sabotage his career. Do you not think that if they were just looking for a warm body to fill the striker spot that we didn't have any number of senior players who (with hindsight at least) would have done a better job?

I don't make it sound like that at all, that is you deliberately misinterpreting it, for dramatic effect. It's pretty clear what I've posted.

I think we just used Pozo because he's a (kind of) striker. It didn't suit him, so we tried Milner there & fucked him off & he hasn't had even 5 mins since.

Neville Kneville said:
ColinLee said:
Neville Kneville said:

I don't make it sound like that at all, that is you deliberately misinterpreting it, for dramatic effect. It's pretty clear what I've posted.

I think we just used Pozo because he's a (kind of) striker. It didn't suit him, so we tried Milner there & fucked him off & he hasn't had even 5 mins since.
I'm not "deliberately misinterpreting" anything, that's just the way I interpreted your post.

ColinLee said:
Neville Kneville said:
ColinLee said:

I'm not "deliberately misinterpreting" anything, that's just the way I interpreted your post.

That I said City are 'deliberately trying to sabotage his career' ? Really ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.