Manchester City v Chelsea in Ohio - Post Match Thread

The highlights just popped up on YouTube, very well taken goals.
Yep. Just seen them on there as well. Christ; Chelsea were sloppy, but it was good to see City not squandering the opportunities as they arose. I have to say, watching on my phone, there appeared to be minimal contact for the penalty. Maybe viewing it on a large screen telly in HD would make it more visible. Also, strange he had to re-take it (presumably for encroachment?). I thought the unwritten rule was that, as long as the offending player(s) don't have an impact (ie, putting in a rebound, or clearing it), then it would be ignored. Ditto if the keeper is off his line before the ball is kicked. If the penalty goes in anyway, the goal stands. In either scenario, the guilty players haven't gained an advantage.

Yep. Just seen them on there as well. Christ; Chelsea were sloppy, but it was good to see City not squandering the opportunities as they arose. I have to say, watching on my phone, there appeared to be minimal contact for the penalty. Maybe viewing it on a large screen telly in HD would make it more visible. Also, strange he had to re-take it (presumably for encroachment?). I thought the unwritten rule was that, as long as the offending player(s) don't have an impact (ie, putting in a rebound, or clearing it), then it would be ignored. Ditto if the keeper is off his line before the ball is kicked. If the penalty goes in anyway, the goal stands. In either scenario, the guilty players haven't gained an advantage.
I don't think the ref blew his whistle for the first pen. That's why Haaland had to retake it.

He lost the ball on two occasions. One was after a challenge, one was a mistake. The rest of the time he was making countless passes, including quite a few of those long range passes like we saw in the other game as well.
No he didnt, it was around 5 or 6 times...at least, stop talking nonsense

It was retaken because the ref hadnt blown his whistle

Ditto. Think Sterling criminally underappreciated and underrated for what he did for City. We wont see many score more goals for us than he did.

Odd one, as even at his peak for us, he didn't really get the love from us fans as many who did a lot less do/did.

City legend for me.
The Sterling thread was a fuckin shitshow of absolute Hatred. Bile & Vitriolic post day after day slung his way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.