Manchester City v Manchester United - Official Match Thread

I like Mancini a lot but I have to say he got it wrong today. Fair enough AJ didn't have a great day but bringing him off for Vieira who looks hopeless made absolutely no sense. Then we bring on SWP who brought a spark, but we take off Ade who was our best hope at holding the ball up so we can get up in support. Lastly we bring off NDJ who arguably had the best day of any of our players for Ireland and fine that's an attacking decision but Ireland didn't look interested at all. The logic behind all the choices was fine except he didn't execute any of them correctly. Should have been SWP for AJ, Ade shouldn't have come off, and Ireland should have come on for Barry if he was so intent on bringing him on.

black mamba said:
What a crap derby game that was.

Our delivery was abysmal all game ..... not for part of it , for ALL of it!

We gave the ball away far too much , and basically we've just lost a match which we should have had the 'nous' to just play out ...... and we lost because once again , our marking just wasn't up to scartch ...... in fact for that goal it was absolutely atrocious!
we lost because we were going for a win. so we lost one point. it doesn't matter too much if spurs lose today.

we played well. how can anyone not see that.

2 things
1 lost faith in Ireland does not track players yet again
2 Given is just an average keeper with a non football brain
still all to play for

Hate to criticise but Stevie didn't step foot out of second gear. Should have kept track of Scholes. So disappointing.

Barry should be flogged and dropped for the rest of the season. I am getting absolutely sick of players getting in the box, receiving a mere tap on the leg and dropping to the ground. Then waving there hands around wondering why there was no penalty. Fucking sickening.

In hockey if you dive then every player on the opposing team is gonna be sure to hit you as hard as possible and dish out a cheap shot at every opportunity. They are bashed in the media, by other players and coaches in the league, and detested by all fans. Even fans of there own team! Barry probably could have scored there, he had the space, one rocket of a shot and we're up 1-0. But no, instead he drops like a little woman. Hard to believe half of these players can even walk onto the pitch. The way they drop you'd think a slight gust of wind would knock 'em over.

As for the game itself I thought there were a lot of good things. And bad. We held them off and created plenty of opportunities. I don't understand why AJ was subbed, unless i missed something. As soon as he was subbed our attack just died. I also don't get why Bellamy aimed for the big pass at the end. Just keep possession and get up there, there's only 30 seconds left!! In the end, FFS!! That was absolutely heart breaking!!! I have a ton of shit to do today and that was NOT a good way to start the day. That one goal just drained me of all motivation. That red-headed twat Scholes. Fuck me. Ah well. If Tottenham lose I will be happy again.

No blame on Mancini today. Lost count of how many times we broke away with Bellamy, only for it to lead to nothing. The players just bottled it, tactically we weren't bad.

We wimped out today, our support for our front players was awful all game, players had obviously been told not be adventurous and to stay back.
They were there for the taking but shit happens.
Hopefully Chelsea and the rags will do us a favour against Spurs now.
All still to play for and we're still in a great position to get 4th place.

Very disappointing, but let's get this into perspective, the scum have been doing this for years, we are only 18 months into getting to were they have been for years.
This season we have lost three close games in the dying minutes again them and won another, we have players that have never played under this pressure. It will take time to get us were we all want to be, 4th is still on, Spurs have a difficult run in as well, and Chelsea won't lie down later. How faith and a little patience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.