Manchester City v Portsmouth| 31st |Official Matchday Thread

Damocles said:
MANCIO4EVER said:
I undurstood long time ago the difficulty of the "must win" games.
I also agree with all those saying that it is stupid to judge players on the basis of their wages.
On the other hand, only for the sake of my desire to see City to take the place It deserves amongst the biggest Clubs, I must say that what I saw from the midfielders during this first half is the closest definition of disgrace!
Tthanks to refereeing team to easy us a very late and poor wake up from the bed.

Players must understand either the fortune of earning money from doing the most enjoyable activity of human life and the meaning and the responsability the shirt of a Great Club!
Each and every fixture.

I would disagree there Mancio. I think we are being professional about the game.

We've had a large amount of highly charged games in a short period of time, and we are seeing this one out whilst expending the least amount of energy.

I respect Your view, Damocles, Pal. Insofar yr. assessment is definitely very much more informed than my tv watching from far away, I welcome it as a great relif.
nonetheless, just because of your knowledge, at least, U will agree with me when I say:
- petrov is a stubborn mule who thinks that playing football is only shooting from every part of the pitch, irrespectively of the rushes, moves and whatsoever effort made by his mates to dictate pass and stretch the game;
- ireland, who is supposed the one appointed to furnish quality to a midfield of almost quantity, might be rated average at passing by his mum, being a cool rate more properly poor. please don't tell me about the "assist", that actually was a tempo wasting mistake resulted in offside.
- gareth and nigel, which Ioverall consider excellent players, are at least very tired.

My experience of life teached me that there is no worth in being negative and defeatist, one this basis I earn fm Your lesson, but on the other hand, if I've understood anything about football is that games are winned or lost starting from midfielders performance and, sadly, our midfield is overall average and turns to poor when application and commitment are understated.

Next months will be pivotal for City's future, being a matter of fact that, if a Club cannot offer a Champions League stage, top players will never join and the best money can buy will remain stuff like robinho. That why I perahps exceeded in showing my frustration and, if I hurted the feelings of any bluemoon mate, I apologize.

Isn't that the mark of a top 4 team, winning when you play lousy. How many times have we seen the scum and the red scousers win games they should have lost by miles. That's why you have quality players, they may not put in "a shift" but when they get the chance they score you a goal or make the decisive pass and you win the game.

Played badly and won. I'll take it, but there are a few things which irked me about that game. Far, far too defensive against Pompey - we don't need both De Jong and Barry against them. I also don't understand why Barry was LM and Petrov was RM with Bellamy and SWP on the bench. Ireland had a pretty poor game as well.

woolleyback blue said:
Isn't that the mark of a top 4 team, winning when you play lousy. How many times have we seen the scum and the red scousers win games they should have lost by miles. That's why you have quality players, they may not put in "a shift" but when they get the chance they score you a goal or make the decisive pass and you win the game.

Thats it, precisely. Also, we are beginning to see an Italian influence on the team now. Lots of short passes, which never seem to go anywhere. I assume that once Lescott is back, Kompany will move into dmf along NDJ. Expect slow football, but ultimately less goals conceded. Im prepared to watch drab football, aslong as we win.

Then, because I am a positive minder, I strongly like to agree with all those saying that when a Team marks 3 point over a poor performance is always a good sign, not only in terms of good luck but also in terms of seniority.

uberblue said:
Why do we insist on playing a un-conventional 4 -0 -3 formation?
Wouldn't we be beter playing with a midfield. Like, err, most other teams.
Did we only play 7 outfield players today?

If you said 6 - 1 - 3 It would at least add up to 10!

confused as to how I feel about that game. it was professional to a point. there was no danger of anything apart from the three points, but really the standard of passing was far too low, and several players didn't put in the effort I would expect. I think we should be setting a standard that we achieve everytime we play. today was comfortable enough, but that level of performance wouldn't be nearly enough to win most other fixtures. who do we think we are that we can pick and choose when we perform? the top 3 would never permit a performance like we saw today, the levels of concentration and effort should never be allowed to drop.

still....

a clean sheet

good goal from ade

toure looked good

tevez ran his heart out

and those three points were crucial

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.