Manchester City vs. AC Milan Post-Match Discussion Thread

ChicagoBlue said:
However, when we lose the ball, THAT is where the BIG difference comes in, because we go to a 4-6, where all 6 players are hunting the ball down to force a mistake and transition back to attack.

Couldn't agree more. Our pressing was something else last night.

jrb said:
Rag Cafe lot going on about AC missing half their team. And us letting 3 in.

Not one of them picked up on us missing all of our 1st choice defence. ;-)

They are afraid.

kenzie115 said:
Didn’t see the match but watched a 5 minute highlight video last night, usually you get a bit of the match in 5 minutes but this was just goal, replay, goal, replay and so on. Could anyone that did watch the match tell me, did we set up, particularly in the first half, 4-2-2-2 with Silva left and Jovetic just behind Dzeko or 4-2-3-1 with Silva central and Jovetic left?

---------- Fernandinho --------- Yaya -----------------

Navas ------------------------------------------- Silva –
-------------------------------- Jovetic ------------------
---------------- Dzeko -----------------------------------

Or

Navas ------------------- Silva ----------------- Jovetic

-------------------------- Dzeko --------------------------

If you have it then 12.30pm today espn is showing most of the match again

karen7 said:
kenzie115 said:
Didn’t see the match but watched a 5 minute highlight video last night, usually you get a bit of the match in 5 minutes but this was just goal, replay, goal, replay and so on. Could anyone that did watch the match tell me, did we set up, particularly in the first half, 4-2-2-2 with Silva left and Jovetic just behind Dzeko or 4-2-3-1 with Silva central and Jovetic left?

Or

I thought ESPN doesn't exist as of today. I can't get it through VM anyway.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
karen7 said:
kenzie115 said:

Or

I thought ESPN doesn't exist as of today. I can't get it through VM anyway.

Sky put it on for me to watch last nights match and is transfers to bt today which i have so it is part of the package from here on in for £12 a month for bt 1and2 and espn.If you have bt broadband it is all free but im sticking with sky.sounds like virgin have mucked up big time with this and you may have to change if you want the football

50 mins match highlights

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.matchhighlight.com/full-match-game/friendly-match-full-match-game/manchester-city-v-ac-milan-audi-cup/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.matchhighlight.com/full-matc ... -audi-cup/</a>

Gelsons Dad said:
ElanJo said:
One negative thing that stood out for me today in the 2nd half, and something I've noticed quite often when he has played, is Rodwell being very stationary in the middle when we have the ball. He doesn't make space to receive the ball and offer an outlet for his teammate in possession. Yaya bollocked him at one point for just standing behind a Milan player and not offering him a pass.

He's a decent player with potential but he won't make it here if he doesn't improve this part of his game a lot. Central midfielders should pretty much always be on the move to receive the ball no matter who on your team is in possession (bar the GK)
The discussion they had was about who goes forward and who stays back. It came from pellers who used the traditional piston hand gesture to tell them to swap as rod was always taking a position ahead of yaya. It didn't change anything as yaya eventually waved him forwards. I think yaya was spent by then.

I don't think we're thinking of the same thing. Yaya, whilst in possession, motioned for him to move horizontally across the pitch only a few yards

karen7 said:
kenzie115 said:

Or

Thanks, we've got BT broadband so signed up for free BT Sport through Sky and it seems we also get ESPN HD, just rang home and it's now on record.

olddirty said:
jrb said:
Rag Cafe lot going on about AC missing half their team. And us letting 3 in.

Not one of them picked up on us missing all of our 1st choice defence. ;-)

They are afraid.

[bigimg]http://www.doomsteaddiner.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/wheels-off-hummer.png[/bigimg]

ChicagoBlue said:
kenzie115 said:

Or....No, it was AND, because we did BOTH of these in the first half, and more!!

We set up as a loose 4-4-2 when Silva and Navas were outside, transitioning to more of a 4-2-1-3 and even a 4-1-1-4 at times. Silva was all over the place in the first half, and when he came inside, Jovetic drifted out to the left, as you saw from Kolarov's goal he set up, and his positioning for Silva's goal, which he also set up!

Assists were from Jovetic (Silva), Fernandinho (Richards), Jovetic (Kolarov), Navas (Dzeko) and Yaya (Dzeko)!

Not bad, eh! 3 new signings = 4 assists, and other new signing hit the crossbar with a rasping shot from the edge of the bow, all with a disjointed "B" team on the pitch and the game dying a slow death.

However, when we lose the ball, THAT is where the BIG difference comes in, because we go to a 4-6, where all 6 players are hunting the ball down to force a mistake and transition back to attack.

Thanks for the analysis.

I, like most I'd guess, am a fan of the high pressing game but it'll be interesting to see if it continues to such a level in tonight's match with it being so soon ater yesterday. The forwards knew yesterday they were probably going to play 45-60 mins so could afford to expend some extra energy. I'd guess stamina and fitness are a big part of whether you can implement the high team press tactic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.