Manchester City vs Hull City post match thread

What worries me, at the moment, is lack of chances we're creating. All this possession is not good if you dont' do
anything with it. I'd say give the ball to the opposition a bit more often, but at this rate they'd score. Either that or we'd
pass back to Joe rather than break at pace. We seem a bit scared at the moment. First half was like playing a 5-a-side
game across the width of the pitch. No point playing 2 up front if you're not going to pass forward of the half way line.
I said pre-match that, if we didn't win this then i don't know where it leaves us. Well i know 7 points off Chelsea.
But today's performance has really killed my faith in this team. As you can see from my post history, i've always been upbeat
about this team. But it's not the results that do me, it the performances (bar Chelsea last week). We look totally devoid
of ideas and as for the pace/urgency we are playing at. Well i don't know. Sorry for the downbeat critique, but the only
thing we are doing at pace is going fucking backwards.

We have one dangerous tactic - the triangle-to-overlapping run on the edge of the box. It's what we saw for the last 15. Aside from that we are really not good. The lack of chemistry and connections in open play is depressing.

No Yaya, no midfield at all, it seems, and Silva being out of form means no creativity either. Nasri repeatedly taking eight or nine touches of the ball was beyond infuriating.

What the hell has happened?

The last few years we have been spoilt in the amount of goals and games won on our own turf. It has been been nothing short of a fortress BUT now it has been busted well and truly. I cannot honesty think of a resounding victory at home this season apart from maybe Spurs.

In my opinion we need to go all guns blazing early doors against the teams who are happy to sit back. We need that early goal to draw the opposition on to us. (Then again that didn't really work against Burnley either)

The most worrying aspect for me is the body language and how so many of our players are out of form. Zabba, Komps, Silva and Aguero have been dependable for the last few seasons but all of them are well below par.

I don't want to seem like I'm pressing the panic button but a major haul is needed this summer from top to bottom. We will have to take a step back to move forward. Ill happily take top 3 finish now and build again for next season. Pellers is a good manager but not a great one, his tactics left a lot to be desired. Paying 2 similar defensive minded players against a low on confidence team at home is one of the strangest decisions so far. Milner had a great game last week and should be starting,( at least he offers some penetration going forward. ) FFP seems to reaping its rewards for Platini and co. We really need a couple of world class signings to kick us on again, we are miles behind europe's elite. If we don't act this summer I worry we might struggle to finish in the top 4 next season. Chelsea are not going away, Arsenal are looking a force again, Spurs and Liverpool have settled down and are looking dangerous, I'm not going to even go on about the rags.

I hate having a pop at my own club but my frustration has been building all season. I think I almost has a seizure during todays game.

In no particular order :-

Team selection - Navas and Milner - best players at Chelsea - not in starting line up - two defensive midfield players
Intensity - game played at snail pace - left then right and back again
Possession - no fucking point if no end effect - you don't win trophies with 70% possession stats
Shooting - no one wants to have a go - one dimensional - if you cant walk it in and create space try something different
Pressing / attacking - no one wants to run at the opposition - getting cropped in or around the area is better than 50 passes
Tippy / tappy shit football - dull / boring / predictable / negative
Formation - fucking clueless - why two defensive midfielders
Arguing - first time I can recall Vinny and Zab having a spat - WTF - we need them to motivate the rest
Signings - gone backwards - wasted the money
Reward - I have no issue with the money they get - its a free market - but if you don't perform you don't get paid in the real world
Corners - terrible - quite often never get past front post
Urgency - when you are behind with an hour or so to play - still play slow patient game - last 5 mins go for it (too fucking late boys)
Passion - Do they want it - are they hungry for it - looks like they want to gift it to Chelsea
Motivation - Manager sat on his arse - why is he not giving them shit to get into them - I would have had them doing bootcamp after as a fucking punishment for shit entertainment and triple training on Sunday on a muddy pitch
Manager - I think the guy talks a lot of sense and is a gentleman - but he needs to grow some bollocks and give the players some shit - MR Nice Guy needs to be a Leader not just a manager

Gabriel said:
We had enough of the ball, but the main problem is the pace at which we play. There is hardly any one-touch passing. It is all multiple touch play which makes us incredibly predictable and allows defenders time to cover.

Actually think that could be this year's Sunderland draw. :-)
Totally agree, been saying this for ages, the one touch stuff has gone, very predictable play and easy to defend against, that is the problem.

Blackcrowes said:
I hate having a pop at my own club but my frustration has been building all season. I think I almost has a seizure during todays game.

In no particular order :-

Team selection - Navas and Milner - best players at Chelsea - not in starting line up - two defensive midfield players
Intensity - game played at snail pace - left then right and back again
Possession - no fucking point if no end effect - you don't win trophies with 70% possession stats
Shooting - no one wants to have a go - one dimensional - if you cant walk it in and create space try something different
Pressing / attacking - no one wants to run at the opposition - getting cropped in or around the area is better than 50 passes
Tippy / tappy shit football - dull / boring / predictable / negative
Formation - fucking clueless - why two defensive midfielders
Arguing - first time I can recall Vinny and Zab having a spat - WTF - we need them to motivate the rest
Signings - gone backwards - wasted the money
Reward - I have no issue with the money they get - its a free market - but if you don't perform you don't get paid in the real world
Corners - terrible - quite often never get past front post
Urgency - when you are behind with an hour or so to play - still play slow patient game - last 5 mins go for it (too fucking late boys)
Passion - Do they want it - are they hungry for it - looks like they want to gift it to Chelsea
Motivation - Manager sat on his arse - why is he not giving them shit to get into them - I would have had them doing bootcamp after as a fucking punishment for shit entertainment and triple training on Sunday on a muddy pitch
Manager - I think the guy talks a lot of sense and is a gentleman - but he needs to grow some bollocks and give the players some shit - MR Nice Guy needs to be a Leader not just a manager
Nice one mate, saved me a lot of typing as it sums up my feelings exactly.

You could also add recent signings - Jovetic, Fernandinho, Sagna, Fernando, Mangala and the ones that play half arsed Kolorov & Dzeko along with a goalkeeper that is frankly suspect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.