Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
For all you giving it im so nervous I need help oh my god etc.
Get down the local hospital pronto and get that spine implant.
FFS it's days like these that we have waited years for. I Can't wait
for KO. Been watching all sorts of football all weekend, but have known
deep down that it's been nothing like todays will be.
I'm totally with you mate. I love big games like this and being part of the title race. Love it.

Rammy Blue said:
gungho-tactics said:
Rammy Blue said:
Although we need to keep it tight early doors, I reckon it's going to be one of those games where it doesn't go to plan. We'll concede early and then have to go after them and the game will become end to end and be stretched all over the place. It's then just going to be a shootout and we have to hope our players have their finishing boots on, and theirs don't.

Impossible to predict the outcome, imo.

Liverpool will be quite happy to defend deep and do us on the counter attack if they get an early goal.

Not at home they won't. I reckon it could end up being their undoing, they won't be able to help themselves in continuing to pour forward.

It's what they did against Arsenal and Everton.

Rodgers deceives people, he likes us to think that he's an attacking manager, which he isn't , he is a balanced manager, he wants to attack and defend. I was watching the West Ham game the other day and in the final minutes Rodgers took off a midfielder (or striker) for a defender..they went with 3 defenders at the back in an attempt to hold onto their lead.

BlueSniffer said:
I have a feeeling the pressure will be too much for their younger/inexperianced players - 1-3. The pressure is on them to win as a draw will be a good for us with our remaining games. They have Chelsea to play who I think will at least get a draw.

No thats not true. Pressure is on City I am afraid - no-one expects Liverpool to win the league really.

City have been favourites all season and spent a huge amount on new players - pressure all on your boys today but I think you'll come through it!

Steak Bake said:
BlueSniffer said:
I have a feeeling the pressure will be too much for their younger/inexperianced players - 1-3. The pressure is on them to win as a draw will be a good for us with our remaining games. They have Chelsea to play who I think will at least get a draw.

No thats not true. Pressure is on City I am afraid - no-one expects Liverpool to win the league really.

City have been favourites all season and spent a huge amount on new players - pressure all on your boys today but I think you'll come through it!
No one expects a Liverpool to win the league? Been on RAWK this week?

Although Brendan Rodgers is a good manager, he is a bit of an arsehole. I reckon he'll be widely hated after a few years at Liverpool.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
I'm totally with you mate. I love big games like this and being part of the title race. Love it.

You obviously must still remember the trauma of York away ;-)

Steak Bake said:
BlueSniffer said:

Liverpool spent "huge amount " on new players as well.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:

You obviously must still remember the trauma of York away ;-)
Never heard of it ;-)

Steak Bake said:
BlueSniffer said:

I doubt the players think about the cost, so I doubt that makes any difference to the pressure they feel.

Liverpool v West Ham the Liverpool players looked very nervous when they hadn't scored after a decent period of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.