Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Matty said:
M18CTID said:
Just posted this in the pre-match thread. Words fail me. Apparently, it's the crowd that our players need to worry about on Sunday and not their in-form team. Oh, and United fans on derby day aren't a patch on what Liverpool fans will be like on Sunday:

Ha ha what gobshites, met city fan through work today i said looking forward to sunday? he said oh yes, i said problem youve got is the crowd he said " ohhhh we dicked united the other week in front of 70 odd thousand fans screaming at us" i was speachless, there clearly in for a shock....

I really don't understand this attitude Liverpool fans seem to have about their home support. I'm sure the atmosphere will be fantastic, and that they will get behind their team on Sunday, but we play Liverpool at Anfield every season, it's hardly a new phenomenon for our players, plus we've played in a fair few big games over the last few years, in some pretty intimidating places, United at Old Trafford (which obviously for us is a derby game so more highly strung than your average match at Old Trafford), Barcelona at The Nou Camp, Bayern Munich at the Allianz, Borussia Dortmund at the Westphalia, CSKA Moscow at the Khimki (which, ordinarily, you wouldn't assume would be a tough environment but when you factor in that the players were on the receiving end of some pretty terrible racial abuse that makes it different), not to mention United, Stoke, Sunderland, Chelsea and Wigan all at Wembley for various domestic cup semi final and final appearances. Oh yeah, and the little matter of the QPR game, if the atmosphere, and the tension, in the stadium that day wasn't intimidating and didn't apply pressure on the players then I don't know what would be.

And all of this is before we consider the high pressure, high profile games some of our players have played in prior to joining City, or whilst on International duty. Rome derbies, El Classico games, The European Championship Final, The Champion's League Final etc, I'd imagine most if not all of these are bigger occasions, and tougher atmospheres, than a league match at Anfield between Liverpool and Manchester City!

As someone posted earlier in the thread; Anfield for our lads will be like going your Nan's for tea on a Sunday !

Manchester_lalala said:
After thinking about all the scenarios possible, I think we will win the league even if we lose on Sunday. If we win one game in hand that puts us 4 points behind Liverpool with one game in hand left. They play Chelsea in a few weeks so any drop points means we're in pole position again. If we lose on Sunday it could be like the arsenal game 2 years ago, where we thought we where dead and buried. But the rags slackened off assuming they had won it. I've been nervous ever since they beat west ham on Sunday, but after thinking about it, the title race is far from over what ever the out come Sunday.

Everton away is a tough one for us

Re: How's everyone's week bearing up?

LoveCity said:
My inner pessimist is making it easier by telling me even if we lose (which I'm expecting...) it's not over. All it could take is a Chelsea result against Liverpool to turn it around.

I thought same but with Hazard out and Chelsea playing 2 more games may not be there number 1 priority, but hope its down to how we play not them or rely on other teams

Manchester_lalala said:
After thinking about all the scenarios possible, I think we will win the league even if we lose on Sunday. If we win one game in hand that puts us 4 points behind Liverpool with one game in hand left. They play Chelsea in a few weeks so any drop points means we're in pole position again. If we lose on Sunday it could be like the arsenal game 2 years ago, where we thought we where dead and buried. But the rags slackened off assuming they had won it. I've been nervous ever since they beat west ham on Sunday, but after thinking about it, the title race is far from over what ever the out come Sunday.

Good point. I think they will drop points not only in the Chelsea game but another. If they win the pressure will really be on them to win the league. As you pointed out it really got to United in our title winning season even though they have championship experience. On paper people would assume Liverpool will defeat Palace, Norwich and Newcastle but fortunately they don't play football on paper, they play on grass. Norwich and Palace are fighting for their lives. Norwich has done well vs top teams and Palace has played very well of late. Plus teams love to play the spoiler role.

Re: How's everyone's week bearing up?

paulchapo said:
I am quite calm at the moment but on the day of course i will be a nervous wreck.After years of us being abject failures just to be involved with winning the league again is still like a dream and i would rather take that than being mid table or fighting the drop.

I fear the worst on Sunday.Clattenburg as ref,the Hillsborough 25th anniversary etcetera.You just know the crowd will scream for every decision more than they ever do and get them.Kompany and Toure's ability to pick up cheap yellow cards early on and Demechelis lack of pace means i see a red too.I know a happy soul eh,lol?

I will be very happy with a draw and ecstatic with a win.A defeat wouldn't end our challenge but it would take it out of our own hands.A win and i feel we will win it at a canter after that,we could even probably lose at Everton and still win it.
If we win on Sunday I would fear what could happen to Sunderland on Weds, the Etihad would be rocking and we could go to town on them, nothing against Sunderland but lets hope that is the case.

Mr. Aguia said:
Manchester_lalala said:

Good point. I think they will drop points not only in the Chelsea game but another. If they win the pressure will really be on them to win the league. As you pointed out it really got to United in our title winning season even though they have championship experience. On paper people would assume Liverpool will defeat Palace, Norwich and Newcastle but fortunately they don't play football on paper, they play on grass. Norwich and Palace are fighting for their lives. Norwich has done well vs top teams and Palace has played very well of late. Plus teams love to play the spoiler role.

As someone else mentioned, we've got to play Everton at goodison which we probably mean dropped points. I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst on Sunday and be optimistic. No matter the outcome I genuinely think we will still win the league. Can just see Liverpool drawing to Chelsea and slipping up at norwich, who will have a new manager of course.

<a class="postlink" href="http://motd.lfc.vn/man-city-liverpool-hd-s14-w18/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://motd.lfc.vn/man-city-liverpool-hd-s14-w18/</a>

Wish it was Sunday.

Chippy_boy said:
In all my years I have never read such a pile of shite as they have been spouting on Rawk. Honestly you could not make it up. Look at this (typical) example:

They say winning isn't everything, it's the only thing but in those dark days our character is what kept this club so strong. It will be our character that will shape our destiny and no one doubts where this road will take us.

After I have emptied my sick bag, who the fuck do they think they are?

I so hope we twat them. A terrible offside not given (in our favour), a Liverpool own goal and Gerard missing 2 penalties. That would be just about perfect.
No it wouldn't. Just do it the right way. A 4-0 away win and with the Koppites crawling off home with over 20 minutes left would be my idea of perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.