Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How's everyone's week bearing up?

I'm trying to be casual but not quite succeeding. The one thing that is helping to keep me sane is that I keep reading endless stories in the paper about Liverpool, keep seeing endless TV pieces about them and keep hearing endless comments from their fans. In contrast, the silence coming from City is deafening. I love it, let's keep things low key and in perspective and do our talking at Anfield on Sunday afternoon.

Chippy_boy said:
karen7 said:
gungho-tactics said:
We have an offside trap for Gerrards long balls.

True, but doesn't always work

Oh I don't know. Clear offside was given here last time :-)

2pzf9m1.jpg

I like to think that the offside trap has improved by now.

My inner pessimist is making it easier by telling me even if we lose (which I'm expecting...) it's not over. All it could take is a Chelsea result against Liverpool to turn it around.

Its funny how this is Liverpool's biggest game for 24 years. Since they won the league last they have won the champions league, the UEFA cup, the FA cup more than once and the league cup.

We had won the FA cup and league cup twice between us winning the league. We had also been relegated on more than one occasion and been as low as we have ever been in our history.

No way is this game bigger than our game v United was on that Monday night.

It is as if Liverpool have just appeared on the scene, they are supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the world. One of the original big 5 and then the Sky big 4 who are to blame for the football and money issues we have now. That is never mentioned.

Matty said:
LMR said:
Pool to choke on Sunday. This will be different type of pressure, which they will need to handle due to the anniversary. They will be expected to deliver and their fans will be expecting a big performance.

Don't concede in the first 20 minutes and play possession game. Keep first 10 minutes tight in second half and the rest should be history.

Certain players, like Gerrard and Suarez, won't choke. They're just not the type, and in Suarez I truly believe Liverpool have a world class talent. However you do have to wonder how the likes of Sturridge, Sterling, Henderson, Flanagan etc will cope with the pressure, and with a side like City. You can't really list any City players and question their ability to cope with the big occasion, we've got a squad filled with successful players who are used to playing in high profile games, theRE are a great number of this Liverpool side that are limited in their experience of real pressure on the football pitch.
what? suarez isnt a choker? are you for real? you watch any game that he doesnt have his own way and he turns into a petulant, nasty little toe rag. the funny thing is i dont even believe he does it for the team....he just strikes me as a selfish self entitled brat and still the dippers believe he's the second coming....

Watch him the next time they look as if theyre going to lose (lets hope its Sunday) and see his attitude change....

mayo31 said:
Its funny how this is Liverpool's biggest game for 24 years. Since they won the league last they have won the champions league, the UEFA cup, the FA cup more than once and the league cup.

We had won the FA cup and league cup twice between us winning the league. We had also been relegated on more than one occasion and been as low as we have ever been in our history.

No way is this game bigger than our game v United was on that Monday night.

It is as if Liverpool have just appeared on the scene, they are supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the world. One of the original big 5 and then the Sky big 4 who are to blame for the football and money issues we have now. That is never mentioned.

Yep, sick of this "24-year" crap. Liverpool aren't an underdog, and they will never be.

Looks like they are unveiling their new kit for next season as well as a title celebration on Sunday. They are their own worst enemies, the fans, club, media are just putting immense pressure on them to win on Sunday and take the league, that has to have an effect on them.

I am quite calm at the moment but on the day of course i will be a nervous wreck.After years of us being abject failures just to be involved with winning the league again is still like a dream and i would rather take that than being mid table or fighting the drop.

I fear the worst on Sunday.Clattenburg as ref,the Hillsborough 25th anniversary etcetera.You just know the crowd will scream for every decision more than they ever do and get them.Kompany and Toure's ability to pick up cheap yellow cards early on and Demechelis lack of pace means i see a red too.I know a happy soul eh,lol?

I will be very happy with a draw and ecstatic with a win.A defeat wouldn't end our challenge but it would take it out of our own hands.A win and i feel we will win it at a canter after that,we could even probably lose at Everton and still win it.

After thinking about all the scenarios possible, I think we will win the league even if we lose on Sunday. If we win one game in hand that puts us 4 points behind Liverpool with one game in hand left. They play Chelsea in a few weeks so any drop points means we're in pole position again. If we lose on Sunday it could be like the arsenal game 2 years ago, where we thought we where dead and buried. But the rags slackened off assuming they had won it. I've been nervous ever since they beat west ham on Sunday, but after thinking about it, the title race is far from over what ever the out come Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.