Manchester City & Welsh players

yeah Coleman got homesick didnt he
Funnily enough, I was contacted last week by some bloke who is doing a BBC Wales documentary on Chris Coleman and asked for any info and in particular pictures / film.
I was able to supply info - he played one Lancashire A team game aged 15, 85/86 season and then signed YTS for 86/87 season.
He played 13 A team games and one full reserve game and unused sub 4 times - his last game was late December 86 and then it was mutually agreed that his contract be withdrawn and he could return home to Swansea.
As well as being homesick, he also was a little sensitive to Tony Book's bollockings - as mentioned in Paul Lake's book - which didn't help the homesickness either.
I said I doubt very much there would be film of him playing - the club didn't even film the 86 Youth Cup final! Photo's too would be rare. He did have this one picture that was in the Mail a few months ago.
article-1345397-004BCB33000004B0-913_306x423.jpg

Interesting topic Neil,for some reason though,now you have your own thread and link to your article,you arent quite as frantic/active across the other forums,must be a coincidence......

Interesting topic Neil,for some reason though,now you have your own thread and link to your article,you arent quite as frantic/active across the other forums,must be a coincidence......
haha its because i’m at work. i will be when i get home!

a lad called jeffery jonson played for welsh u 23 when a city and played a couple of first team games including ecwc semi final at chelsea

yeah i was hopeful when Emyr Huws came through the academy but didnt work out for him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.