Manchester City Women (merged)

Re: Manchester City Ladies - Toni Duggan {merged}

Chris in London said:
No, the point I am getting at is that women's football at elite level is obviously not at the same level as the men's game, but it is not so technically deficient as to lose its appeal completely.

Here's a question: would you prefer to watch City Women's team v Arsenal Ladies, or would you sooner watch Colchester v Southend (i.e. men's team)?

Can't I just turn the TV off?

I'd watch the women's game, but that's not really a fair question as I'd watch a team of dwarves play football against a team of kangaroos if it was the Manchester City Midget XI.

In reality, if this was Everton Ladies v Arsenal Ladies, or Colchester v Southend, I'd watch the Colchester v Southend game, if only because I just can't take female goalkeepers seriously. Whilst they might well be decent in other positions, and possess a level of skill that's quite impressive, almost every time I've watched any part of a ladies football match the goalkeepers have been comically bad.

Toni Duggan "blacked up" to fancy dress party as Whoopi Goldberg.

She's apologised and FA say they're looking at it.

Is it just me that finds this odd?

It's not racist to "black-up" especially in this situation. She did it because she likes whoopi not because she's racist surely?

only the same as layering on the fake tan to dress-up as Katie Price.

How do you dress up as whoopi Goldberg without "blacking-up"?

6one said:

It's not racist to "black-up" especially in this situation. She did it because she likes whoopi not because she's racist surely?

I don't have a problem with it because she's hot and plays for us, but if a male who didn't did it it's absolutely racist.

6one said:

So white people can no longer play Othello? The world is going mad.

nmc said:
6one said:

So white people can no longer play Othello? The world is going mad.

But its OK for black men to play "White Chicks" <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Chicks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Chicks</a> ;)

Im defo gonna go and watch our girls, I think its magnificent our club is inclusive.

oil money blah, fuck em we are still a Manc club and a club for all regardless of where someones sex organs are.

Would love our girls to win a trophy and parade it with our lads trophy through our city.

MCFC a club for all

Rascal said:
Im defo gonna go and watch our girls, I think its magnificent our club is inclusive.

oil money blah, fuck em we are still a Manc club and a club for all regardless of where someones sex organs are.

Would love our girls to win a trophy and parade it with our lads trophy through our city.

MCFC a club for all
I'd also love to see a parade of them, modeling city underwear whilst holding the trophy aloft pal

bgblue said:
Rascal said:

MCFC a club for all
I'd also love to see a parade of them, modeling city underwear whilst holding the trophy aloft pal

Perv lol

agreed :)))

Reffed the womens reserve team last week when they were away to Durham City. Was very impressed with the profesionalism of the whole thing. If this is in any way a sign of how good the 1st team will be i will certainly watch any of our games that get televised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.