Manchester Low Emission Zone

You can check the air quality in your area, in fact since this was imposed 4 years ago air quality has vastly improved in fact it’s below the levels it should be for the need of the tax, the reason Burnham hasnt targeted private cars is he knows he would be voted out in this years elections. It’s divide and conquer, do businesses first then private next. He’s said he wont bring cars into it but if he’s not in charge the next person might. There are many cars polluting far worse than newer vans but that wouldn’t be a vote winner. The man in a van is screwed, there is no conversion from Euro 5 to 6 so the grant thing is bollocks, £5k towards a £40k van and the part ex on your own can will be peanuts as it’s worthless. There was an ice cream guy with 8 vans on tv it’s £24k a year he needs to find or get he’s vans at £90k each!
Burnham himself said they’d not publicised it very well ( no shit Sherlock) that why there is an outcry, Leeds got it right follow their example.
2 all over GM
All vans that aren’t compliant are completely worthless now mine has an exemption till may 2023 after that I won’t even be able to give it away.I’m just going to struggle on with a car

It affects everyone within greater Manchester and anyone coming in who isnt compliant I.e a euro 6 van, private cars aren’t affected YET!
O
I keep seeing him say this, but why would they just target GM?
Has this happened in Birmingham? We voted against this. How can they go against a public vote. Is there a certain time and then they do what they want? He will get voted out Burnham.
Thing is I never knew about this. Gone under the radar.
Manchester evening news has not reported it.

O
Has this happened in Birmingham? We voted against this. How can they go against a public vote. Is there a certain time and then they do what they want? He will get voted out Burnham.
Thing is I never knew about this. Gone under the radar.
Manchester evening news has not reported it.
Kept well n truly under the radar

I know,You know they will get onto this in the near future when they see hardly any vans in Manchester and they ain’t getting the money in
Yeah i know.

trouble is, electric vans are miles (excuse the pun) from being any use for working everyday, the range just isnt there. And very cost prohibitive.
i appreciate over time both problems will be solved but we are years away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.