Manchester North or South

When we used to play Swinton Moorside back in the day, most of their team were City home and away.
Lived in Swinton for 55 years mate definitely rag, my local is infested with them, Wouldn't go near the place on a Derby day.

Swinton Moorside, you talking cricket?

Last edited:
Probably not. Those areas are now too multicultural. City’s fan base in those areas have either passed away, moved out, or have been diluted. Hard to know, but I’d expect most of the multicultural people now living in those areas probably support United.

Another interesting one is all the Hong Kongers that have recently moved to Manchester. Many of them support United. However, there are quite a few Hong Kongers at the City matches. It’s a wealthy market City are probably trying to tap into, just like United are, with a head start.

It’s fair to say most Asians and Sikhs support United.
Right or wrong inner south Manchester always saw City as ‘ours’ because of Maine Road. United was Salford, south Trafford and was more the default in inner south Mcr for Irish families and pubs, because the ground is nowhere near Wilmslow Road. I know plenty of black and Asian blues from Moss Side, Fallowfield, Rusholme, Withington, Stretford, Chorlton, Burnage, Longsight, Old Trafford. Historically City was default for many in this corner of Manchester. There’s a strong Jewish tradition too. Things did change in the early 90s but not universally. But do know Beswick, Gorton and Clayton and Tameside lads white and black who should be blues - even families from around the Townley, but are not because of how big United were in the 90s. You’re right that a lot of Sikhs are rags, particularly OT. But City def has a lot of diverse support old and young generation. Just a representative percentage of the Manc population who are active in support. I think some of our Hong Konger and Korean fans actually come to Man Uni and the city to follow City among other considerations. I don’t call them tourists.

Last edited:
I was born and raised a stones throw from Old Trafford . My dad took me to Maine Rd when I was about 5 years old when City under Joe Mercer and Malcom Allison were one of the best teams in Europe playing breathtaking modern football. Had a season ticket ever since and did all the 80s violence in my youth . City is in my blood and always will be it’s a love thing .

West side is definitely the scum side.

South a bit mixed.

North & east predominately blue,I am talking about actually match going rather than tv wankers.
You’re not wrong, I was in Crete last year & we went to a bar to watch the RM second leg, there was our lot (all City) and a big family from Wythenshawe, singing Wythenshawe are massive every where we gooo, some of the kids where City, some rags, anyways I got talking to the head honcho and he was a Spurs fan, proper hardcore but as Manc as they come

It's getting there. Definitely taking over, but still Blue. I think the Fiddler's is being sold, the Irish are getting out!
Yeah the Fiddlers has been sold for flats, closing next month after Cheltenham festival/St Patrick's weekend
The Leve Irish are all around Heaton Moor/Chapel and Reddish nowadays

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.