Manchester Pubs .....fave and worst.

The Flat Iron on Salford precinct. So shit it was brilliant, rough as a badgers arse and full of some proper cranks.

Absolute sacrilege it was bulldozed

Flat%20Iron%20pub%20Salford%20may%202011%20(2).JPG

Bloody hell. Did you go to the Kettle Drum too?

facing the flat iron to the right..facing the market...on the edge of the shopping centre itself,had a spiral staircase....

Ah, I remember it now. Looked bloody awful.

Salford has had it's share of shithole boozers down the years.

I remember when Church Street in Eccles used to be buzzing on Friday nights in the late 80s. I had the misfortune to revisit the place a couple of years ago. Bloody hell, it has gone right down the pan.

Ah, I remember it now. Looked bloody awful.

Salford has had it's share of shithole boozers down the years.

I remember when Church Street in Eccles used to be buzzing on Friday nights in the late 80s. I had the misfortune to revisit the place a couple of years ago. Bloody hell, it has gone right down the pan.
not been for years,used to be a good piss up Eccles,used to end up in classy joints like the Silver screen or Rainbow rooms ;)

not been for years,used to be a good piss up Eccles,used to end up in classy joints like the Silver screen or Rainbow rooms ;)

Haha the Rainbow Rooms. A blast from the past. That's where they filmed the night club scene from the Paul Calf Video Diary. That was upmarket compared to the Silver Screen (which has been a Wetherspoons for 20 years). That was rough.

Top House, Grapes, Church, Lamb (where they filmed a couple of scenes for Pauline Calfs Video Diary) and Duke of York were my haunts as a 16 year old.

Scene from the Lamb

Haha the Rainbow Rooms. A blast from the past. That's where they filmed the night club scene from the Paul Calf Video Diary. That was upmarket compared to the Silver Screen (which has been a Wetherspoons for 20 years). That was rough.

Top House, Grapes, Church, Lamb (where they filmed a couple of scenes for Pauline Calfs Video Diary) and Duke of York were my haunts as a 16 year old.

Scene from the Lamb

remember them all(and Paul Calfs video's ha)...didn't The Lamb have a full size snooker table?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.