Manchester Pubs .....fave and worst.

We're all so much more cosmopolitan and sophisticated now!

The Magpie had a landlord called Tony in the early 90's iirc??

TBH I didn't go in by choice, my first boss was a regular and dragged me in at lunch time. In the early 90's nobody gave a stuff if you downed 4-5 pints on a Friday dinner.

Can remember the bitter was Whitbread and the clientele was not to be messed with ;)

Can remember the bitter was Whitbread and the clientele was not to be messed with ;)
It was Whitbread as it was an old Chester's pub - and yes the punters were delightful. You may very well have seen my grandad in there around that time. An utterly charming man who was still spitting in the street well into his eighties!

What was the name of that boozer above Isadoras round the corner from Konspiracy where Zinc is now? Proper shithole, used to pop in every now & again after getting off the train at Victoria station.

Kings arms chorlton on medlock was a great beer drinkers boozer. Rum as fuck though in the middle of a shit hole and full of nutters.

Real ale fan but like pubs for different reasons:
for beer- the castle hotel and sams chop house
for music/atmosphere- corbiers
for all around quirkyness- circus tavern
for a decent cheap pint- paramount

as for bad pubs:
the picadilly tavern
millstone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.