Manchester thanks Sheikh Mansour.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Manchester thanks Sheikh Mansour.........

Prestwich_Blue said:
kismet said:
in that summer we were skint and Wardle was putting in emergency money to keep us going..............

suddenly under the radar we found millions for Jo, Zaba and Vince........................where had it come from we were in dire straits..........

there could only have been one source...Sheikh Mansour.......
Not so. It came from a last-ditch £30m loan that Thaksin arranged.

Didn´t we use our SKY money as collateral at one stage?

poster_edrsu0a5jh.jpg

Is this man god ?

Le pop, sadly you're wrong, he loves his football, always has done , and has a team in Abu Dhabi.

You will will have missed the passion he showed when he was last at the ground, he spent the whole ninety minutes, kicking every ball, his emotions were there for all to see..........<br /><br />-- Sun May 15, 2011 8:04 am --<br /><br />I just love reading his interview from 2009 and the best bit when he says this is a 10 year project...........

Our first interview with Manchester City's owner
1. From where does your love for football emanate?

I have had a lifelong passion for football. I played a lot in the past and became more and more involved with the running of the Al Jazeera Football Club, in Abu Dhabi. Like any football fan I think I love the game for many, many, reasons. Not least of which is the feeling that success can bring.

2. You already run a successful club in Abu Dhabi which has facilities that are the envy of much of the UAE so why did you choose to invest in an English football club?

The EPL is the biggest league in the world. Premiership football is one of the best global entertainment products. Add into the mix one of football’s great sleeping giants, with a big, passionate and loyal fan base, and all the elements are there for a wonderful opportunity that was too good to pass up. Ten months on since the acquisition I am more convinced than ever of the potential that is there to be realised.

3. What was it that attracted you to Manchester City when Manchester United is in the same city, but enjoy a much higher global profile?

In short – the potential that is there to be realized and the passion of the City for the Club. In Abu Dhabi, our heritage and culture are inherent to our values, and the way we live our lives. I think it’s the same in Manchester. You certainly see and hear that in the longstanding commitment of the fans for the Club. As I have said, it was very clear that Manchester City was a sleeping giant of English football and waking that giant I think is going to be rewarding on a number of levels.

4. The new board have been very keen to ensure that City’s history is treasured, honoured and preserved and that the supporters are treated fairly and their views always considered. How important are those ideals?

Not only respecting those ideals, but really living those ideals, are essential to the success of the club. My intention from the beginning is that Manchester City have the very best people at its disposal, both on and off the field, and to put together a board and an executive team that is worthy of both the heritage and future of Manchester City. I am very pleased with the progress that we have made in that regard in the last 10 months.

5. You obviously take those particular responsibilities very seriously but can they and should they always be compatible with running a business?

We continue to make a genuine effort to ensure that Manchester City enhances its role in Manchester beyond football. Of course, the club has a long history of acting in this way and I believe every responsible business should, in some way, add value to the community in which it operates, and in this regard, my approach for Manchester City is no different.

6. The City fans greeted your ownership with great joy but possibly a degree of skepticism about whether you would be a long term owner. Can you reassure them that you intend to build a successful club and then sustain that success?

I think that is understandable given their love of their club and the simple fact they did not know us. But, I am a football fan, and I hope they are beginning to believe that I am now also a Manchester City fan. But I am also a long-term investor and that is the most important single fact for the club and the fans. It means we are here for the long haul and that we will always act in the best long term interests of the club and all of its stakeholders.

7. The supporters love their home grown players; how committed are you to the Academy still producing its players for the first team and will there be further and continued additional investment in that side of the club?

I have said previously that whilst we want to bring the best players in the world, we also want to see the academy continue to develop talent and give Mark Hughes the chance to bring home-grown players into the team. We are committed to building a sustainable structure for the future not just a team of all-stars. That means a balanced mix of multiple sources of playing talent.

8. Has it been irritating that the hard, unglamorous work that has gone into the root and branch rebuilding of the club on the business side – a new tier of highly skilled management, new offices, better state-of-the-art training facilities, the dressing of the stadium, the reduction in season ticket prices - all of which are hugely positive signs for City’s future and stability, often fail to be recognised?

Khaldoon has spoken publicly about a 10-year time horizon for the development of City. That kind of time horizon has to be based on solid foundations, and has to contribute to the soul of the club. We understand the importance of investing in the betterment of the club and we also understand that it requires time and resources. The kind of investments we are making today will pay their own dividends over time through the Club’s performance. That will be its own reward.

9. Patience and pragmatism seem to be particular hallmarks of your ownership thus far. What are your expectations and ambitions for the club and the team over the next few seasons?

We continue to be very clear in regard to our expectations and ambitions: We are competitors. We are here to win and to build a club that will be in a position to win trophies. That said, we know that will take time, and this is where a patient and pragmatic approach is essential. We know what we want and are very clear on our internal targets. What we have done in the last ten months sets the tone of the way we will do things very clearly.

10. How have you judged the 08/09 campaign both on and off the pitch and was it always likely to be a bedding-in and getting-to-know-you period for everyone involved?

We knew that when we came in there was going to be a requirement for a lot of diligence and research - getting to know the stakeholders, understanding expectations, listening to fans. We are where we planned to be at this point, which is to be working – on and off the field - against a comprehensive plan and developing a smaller squad with an increased capability.

11. In terms of the day to day running of the Club and the decision making processes, how do the channels of communication work between Abu Dhabi and Manchester?

I believe success lies in putting together strong mandated leadership teams for organizations. I think we have achieved that over the last ten months at City. Importantly a mandated team has to have a plan to execute and I believe we have an achievable plan for the Club with the right elements of ambition and sustainable development.

12. Finally, despite your exceptionally busy schedule do you get to watch all the games and do you intend to come to the City of Manchester Stadium soon?

Unfortunately, my schedule so far simply hasn't allowed me to attend any matches in the City of Manchester Stadium, but I assure you that I have watched every match since September on TV. I am looking forward to visiting the City of Manchester Stadium soon and to sample in person the famous City atmosphere.

Like this? Share it.

The best thing that has ever happened to our club was the day Sheikh Mansour got involved.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.