Manchester thanks Sheikh Mansour.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
LongsightM13 said:
The fact that Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoun etc chose City just makes it more special, not only for us but, I suspect, for them as well.
They could probably have bought the Rags, Arsenal, Liverpool, off the peg success at the Sky/Champions League cartel, clubs whose support have grown complacent and with a breath-takingly arrogant assumption of entitlement.
He has created something new, something never seen before. He has done it with a club where success has been thin on the ground to say the least, for a long time.
These are hugely competent, modern, Ivy League educated, 21st century global businessmen. Light years away from Peter Swales and his handful of TV rental shops in Manchester.
I suspect they have enjoyed the challenge of blowing apart a cosy, self-perpetuating elite.
We as blues at this moment in time are truly blessed.
Sheikh Mansour is our reward for decades of stoic loyalty through the pain. Words cannot express how grateful we are. Thank you, as a City fan and as a Mancunian.

It´s also very much a gulf arab moral stance thingy, that unless you create something out of nothing you haven´t achieved anything for the future..It´s perhaps a morality that comes easy for an arid country where people used to pray for dew at the end of the desert.

HRH Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan. What you've done for this club is not something that can be expressed in terms of a number after a pound sign. Nor can it easily be expressed in words.

You've given our club its smile back, an old label of the once great has risen once more from the ashes. In a time where my life has been mediocre and lacking at the best of times, you've brought happiness. Fellow blues up and down the country have shared in the turmoil of our club over the past few decades, all the time never giving up hope that one day we might see the glorious plans in our head become a reality. Then one day our dreams came true.

What you've done for this club is immeasurable. For all the problems that life gives us, we support this team as a distraction from the pains of every day life, a way of building relationships with friends and family and a way of trying to be happy. I think I speak for everybody when I say, the joy you've given us in the last few years has been invaluable. For that let us truly be grateful.

Sheikh Mansour. Thank you.

The purchase of City by Sheikh Mansoor and the manner in which he has invested and communicated to all City fans plus the success of last season, prove that miracles can happen.

As a City fan, the pain of spporting City for the previous 25 years, makes the success and current situation all the more real and enjoyable.

No-one knows the future, but for once a City fan, we don't need to dream of the future....the future is blue, but guess what.. for once the present is blue...sit back and enjoy every minute / every day being a City fan

CTID

I think Sheikh Mansour has helped build the best squad we have ever had, I can't remember a better squad than the current one.

Whether it will produce the best team, ie to beat the 68/69 team, only time will tell. That was the greatest team and the squad was only 13/14 players.

Sheikh Mansour my lord, Sheikh Mansour, Sheikh Mansour my lord, Sheikh Mansour, Sheikh Mansour my lord, Sheikh Mansour, ohhhhhh lord Sheikh Mansour!

zangatangring said:
The owners aren't trying to be altruistic; they're just trying to make money.

Miles off, the club is a way to get Abu Dhabi on the map in connection with a successful sporting club which is a global brand, we should just thank our lucky stars they chose us. Making money isn't an issue with 10% world oil, what to do when it runs out is the issue so you have to make your country a destination people want to visit and as football is the biggest, most watched sport in the world tying yourself to a successful club is a great way to advertise yourself. As businessmen they knew creating the success at said club would only increase their notoriety as the media followed the rise. Can you see how their master plan is coming together now? Who hogs the back page?

LukeBamford01 said:
zangatangring said:

Miles off, the club is a way to get Abu Dhabi on the map in connection with a successful sporting club which is a global brand, we should just thank our lucky stars they chose us. Making money isn't an issue with 10% world oil, what to do when it runs out is the issue so you have to make your country a destination people want to visit and as football is the biggest, most watched sport in the world tying yourself to a successful club is a great way to advertise yourself. As businessmen they knew creating the success at said club would only increase their notoriety as the media followed the rise. Can you see how their master plan is coming together now? Who hogs the back page?

So ignorant........

What does all this media notoriety allow them to ultimately gain? MONEY.

zangatangring said:
LukeBamford01 said:
zangatangring said:

So ignorant........

If their sole reason is to make money, they'll need to be here in 15 years still, take into account the losses in the last 3 years alone, and we wont make that back in a hurry.

Ticket For Schalke said:
zangatangring said:
LukeBamford01 said:

So ignorant........

If their sole reason is to make money, they'll need to be here in 15 years still, take into account the losses in the last 3 years alone, and we wont make that back in a hurry.

*Sigh*
They have a multitude of business which are also benefiting from MCFC.

Ask yourself this, If they were guaranteed to not be financially consolidated in ANY WAY, would they have bought man city?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.