Manchester The City Years Kindle edition now available

Re: On sale now - Manchester The City Years

Got mine a week ago but have been away since then.

Thank you so much for this, it's going to be a great present for my father-in-law for Christmas. Looks like a great book, wondering if I should sneak a read before he gets it.

Excellent book , bought it last thursday ,really good read as is all Gary James books .

Love and gratitude from subscriber #52, James. The book is magnificent.

Delighted to be invited and attend the launch Gary, and the turnout speaks volumes for the high regard City supporters have for you. I sincerely hope the no show by the M(U?!)EN was for a very good reason, and would like to think they will show the courtesy of reviewing the book at the very least? Please let us know if you need any support in chasing them up. all the best - Sean.

Film of the launch can be seen at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2012/August/Gary-James-The-City-Years" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... City-Years</a>

Once again, thanks to all those who attended.

I've been asked a few times who came, so here's a list of some of the people there.

Several Bluemooners of course, plus....

Former players/managers - Brian Horton, Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee, Steve Mackenzie, Frank Carrodus, Fred Eyre, Glyn Pardoe, Tommy Booth, Joe Corrigan, Paul Lake, Roy Dixon (MCFC former 'keeper & Lee Dixon's father), Dennis Tueart, Nigel Gleghorn, Roy Cheetham, Alex Williams & Steve Fleet.

Former MCFC Managing Director: Chris Bird.

Current MCFC Exec: Graham Wallace.

Manchester City Council Leader: Richard Leese.

Actors/personalities: Marc Riley (BBC Radio 6), Mike Pickering (MPeople/Hacienda), Phil Williams (Radio Five Live), James H Reeve (broadcaster), Bill Cronshaw (actor & writer - "I'll Be Bert") & John Henshaw (actor Early Doors/One Jimmy Grimble). Comedian Colin Manford (Jason's brother) was there.

Supporters: Janice Monk (well known former MCFC employee and daughter of former groundsman Stan Gibson), Dave & Sue Wallace (editors of King of the Kippax fanzine), Ric Turner & many other Bluemooners

Descendents of players/managers - Jane & Eddy Hogg (descendents of Edward Kitchen who played in the first known game in November 1880); Sue Parlby (descendent of Joshua Parlby who was one of the early MCFC's most significant figures and manager); Susan Lea (granddaughter of former manager Joe Mercer).

Representatives from the North West Film Archive, Manchester Civic Society, NFM & International Football Institute.

Compere was Will Perry from BBC Radio FiveLive and speakers were Fred Eyre, representing the MCFC Former Players Assoc, Kevin Moore and, of course, me.

The films shown were a 1936 film of Maine Road in colour and a 1977 behind the scenes look at MCFC - both supplied by the NorthWest Film Archive.

Altogether there were about 250 people there.

On sale now - Manchester The City Years

Excellent book Gary,dipped into it last night after your talk at Waterstones,need to take a week off work to read it properly !
Any Blues wish to read up on Citys history get this book.

WEMBLEY76 said:
Excellent book Gary,dipped into it last night after your talk at Waterstones,need to take a week off work to read it properly !
Any Blues wish to read up on Citys history get this book.

Thanks. Hope you enjoyed the talk and the rare films. It was a good group.

Thanks for your comments.

I'm really enjoying this definitive book about City. It's a must for any City fan.

Took my son to the football museum today and was glad I did as I tried to get a copy of the book from Amazon but couldn't so picked one up from the museum shop.

Really looking forward to reading it. I'm off to the states with work in a few weeks so thought I may take it for the plane although it may weigh me down a bit!

Gary,

Thanks for the talk in Deansgate on Tuesday, really enjoyed it and I know most blues would really love to hear some of your stories ("This is getting Messi"!)

I'm ploughing through the book now, must say for £25 you get alot for your money, definitely a bargain.

Highly recommend this book to ALL blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.