Manchester The City Years Kindle edition now available

Re: Manchester The City Years - update

Just been told that "Manchester The City Years" is now on sale at the National Football Museum shop. So, if you've not yet got a copy it might be worth popping in to the NFM shop to check it out.

It should also be in the City Store on Sunday and will be at Waterstones Deansgate on Tuesday (I'm talking there at 6.30pm).

Re: On sale now - Manchester The City Years

Hooray! Mine arrived today. Or rather, I collected it from the postbox today. Bet it arrived yesterday, having written on here that the postman must be walking it to me! Broke off the important thing I was doing, to rip open the envelope and take a gander. Well done, Gary - looks a nice bit of work!

another generation said:
Hooray! Mine arrived today. Or rather, I collected it from the postbox today. Bet it arrived yesterday, having written on here that the postman must be walking it to me! Broke off the important thing I was doing, to rip open the envelope and take a gander. Well done, Gary - looks a nice bit of work!

Thanks. Hope you enjoy it. Cheers

Finally got round to getting my copy today, and am blown away by how thorough it is, and its attention to detail. Obviously not had chance to read it in its entirety yet (that will take some time), but it's an incredible piece of work, a worth successor to The Greatest City.

I think it was Didsbury Dave who described David Conn's Richer Than God as one of the great City books (which incidentally I disagree with), but The City Years blows it out of the water. Different books, admittedly, but if I was to recommend one it's no contest. It's akin to comparing Conlon to Aguero.

I implore any City fan with an interest in the club, and its history and heritage, to buy it. A stunning effort, kudos to Gary for providing the narrative our great club deserves.

It was the official launch party tonight at the National football Museum.

Some pictures of the event:

L1000439.jpg

L1000440.jpg

L1000442.jpg

That last photo immediately above - City legend Colin ... along with some bloke who used to play for us. ;)

I was invited to this event last night but had to turn it down because, for personal reasons, I couldn't make the trip back to the UK from Russia right now. A bit gutted, to be honest, especially looking at the photos.

Nice to see some bluemoon celebs mixing with the public.

In the middle one, did he sign his autograph 'de Niro' or just 'Bill'?

:)

Ric said:
Finally got round to getting my copy today, and am blown away by how thorough it is, and its attention to detail. Obviously not had chance to read it in its entirety yet (that will take some time), but it's an incredible piece of work, a worth successor to The Greatest City.

I think it was Didsbury Dave who described David Conn's Richer Than God as one of the great City books (which incidentally I disagree with), but The City Years blows it out of the water. Different books, admittedly, but if I was to recommend one it's no contest. It's akin to comparing Conlon to Aguero.

I implore any City fan with an interest in the club, and its history and heritage, to buy it. A stunning effort, kudos to Gary for providing the narrative our great club deserves.

Thanks for this. It really is appreciated.

I always worry how any of my writing will be viewed when it comes out, so thanks to everyone who has said some positive things. It really helps and makes it all worthwhile.

I was delighted so many people I like and respect - including Bluemooners! - attended the launch and I'm glad I invited people like Steve Mackenzie (who rarely gets seen at MCFC events) and they took the time and trouble to attend.

Many Bluemooners made some great comments to me and I really do appreciate it all. Thanks.

I hope you all enjoyed the films from 1936 and 1977 as well.

A few journalists came to the launch and I hear that some mention of the book is appearing, so that helps. Sadly, Sky Sports had to cancel at the last minute due to another story, and the MEN didn't send anyone, so I'm also grateful to any Bluemooners who can spread the word. I know a lot of you share my determination to spread the message - hopefully the words in my speech about being on a mission to promote the club rung true for us all.

It's a bit of an odd few days for me with the rush to get the book out and then knowing that I've got no paid writing lined up at all now (today I'll be buying the City prog for the first time in over a decade knowing that I haven't written a single word for it - following the merger with MANC mag my regular interviews with former players/celebs which I introduced to the prog in 2003 and my 5 page feature covering stories from City's history have been been dropped, presumably as I'm not part of the staff).

Thanks again for attending and all the comments.
CitytillIdie74 said:
Any idea when amazon are re-stockng? My orders on hold!

The company that supplies Amazon received their supply last Tuesday but I don't know if Amazon have placed an order with them yet.

MCFC shop will have it today and, of course, the National Footy Museum have signed copies in their shop.

I'll be talking at Waterstones Deansgate on Tuesday at 6.30pm and so signed copies will be available from them.

Thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.