Manchester to Newcastle - Train cancellations on Sunday

View attachment 53299

There's also one at 18.43. There was only 2 when this thread was created. 18.43 and 19.41
That's the LNER trains (and one Cross Country). I think people were just looking at TPE. And if you ask the system for Manchester to Newcastle it won't show all the trains between York and Newcastle, only the first to connect out of each service from Manchester.

Cheers for all that info. Yes, I've got a Senior Card. Interestingly, just sniffing around to get an idea, the cheapest returns I found on Avanti for certain days this month and next were £64. It's not massively expensive if you can be flexible with your hours. It does jump up seriously though if you can't.
Do you think the derby might go back to the Saturday then? God it's a drag not knowing in advance. Coming over from continental Europe, I have to plan these things out way ahead. But often I can't.
And if it is 5.30 on the 1st, I wouldn't fancy trying to get on the 2035 Picc to Euston...

That £36.30 ticket could be used to travel to Manchester on the Saturday (1046 or 1146 change at Crewe), get the 2031 Piccadilly to Crewe (Cardiff train), hotel in Crewe (Royal*) for under £50, then 0952 (v slow) or 1123 West Midlands Trains back to Euston. (Or hotel in Manchester then Picc-Cewe-Euston with TfW and WM trains anytime Sunday, but dearer hotel.)

You could of course plan to stay overnight Saturday anyway: you can't leave London between 1600 and 1900 so it would have to be the 1933 to Crewe to stopover in Crewe. "Overnight break of journey - if the journey cannot be completed in this time, the ticket may be used to continue the journey on the following day".

An extra tenner (£7 with railcard) gets you the equivalent off peak return with no weekend restrictions (£46.70).

And walk-up tickets so no need to book in advance (but NB a ticket for the 1st can't be used to start on the 2nd).

* I have no personal experience of this hotel but four stars on tripadvisor.

And if it is 5.30 on the 1st, I wouldn't fancy trying to get on the 2035 Picc to Euston...

That's exactly what I'm worried about.
Match-going fans are simply the slaves of the satellite tv companies. Of course, it's great for me when I'm at home and want to see a match. But if I actually want to go to it, to fill my seat, to add my voice to the faithful, then I am dirt.

You could of course plan to stay overnight Saturday anyway: you can't leave London between 1600 and 1900 so it would have to be the 1933 to Crewe to stopover in Crewe. "Overnight break of journey - if the journey cannot be completed in this time, the ticket may be used to continue the journey on the following day".

Sorry, bit confused here. Do you mean, “you can't leave for London”?
The Crewe hotel info I shall definitely follow-up. Crewe's always looked like a grim place to have to stay to me, but I've just paid a cool 350€ to spend two nights in the Ibis on Pollard St for next w/e. It's nuts, really. It is certified insanity. I won't do it again. Not even to see my beloved blues. Of course, as I've found to my cost in the past, spending Saturday nights at hotels in town is horribly expensive, because all the young ’uns are out on the lash, naturally, and they need a place to stagger into and keel over into bed at 1 a.m.!

Edinburgh to Newcastle trains look to be ok for tomorrow
Slight scare earlier this week when they all got cancelled ..

In error

The Crewe hotel info I shall definitely follow-up. Crewe's always looked like a grim place to have to stay to me, but I've just paid a cool 350€ to spend two nights in the Ibis on Pollard St for next w/e. It's nuts, really. It is certified insanity. I won't do it again. Not even to see my beloved blues. Of course, as I've found to my cost in the past, spending Saturday nights at hotels in town is horribly expensive, because all the young ’uns are out on the lash, naturally, and they need a place to stagger into and keel over into bed at 1 a.m.!

350 for two nights in the feckin Ibis?? Jaysus!

No, the super off peak return can't be used out from London before 10.30, or between 1600 and 1900. There's be no restrictions using the return at weekends (just limited to Transport for Wales Manchester to Crewe then West Midlands Trains Crewe to London).

No restrictions on Sundays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.