Manchester traffic

It’s good to see all the new regeneration, offices and flats around previously shitty area of the city. However, when will these clueless greedy town planners realise that you can build all the offices and buildings you want but if people cannot get to and from then what is the point.

I work in spinning fields. We were one of the first office blocks on Hardman street. Since then that whole area has been redeveloped with probably 10 times more capacity but there is still the same little road for the whole development. Add to that the reduction of capacity on deansgate it’s gridlocked .
All this development in last five years can anyone point to a new road in the city, or a widening of an existing road. Nothing.

They are fucking idiots.
Everywhere you go now in MCR is gridlocked and it's only going to get worse took me hour and half to get from stockport to Oldham last week

It's taking me 1hr 15 mins to get home from east oddsall lane to sale only 5 mile. They are building a massive development there over 900 apartments and hotel etc like a mini village. It's getting ridiculous now. Development for the next 10 years.

You would not dream of driving across central London or New York so we will just have to accept that is the way it will be over here. I know people knock the merolink and it is a bit shite on certain routes - I,e going to Ashton it would be quicker walking - but if you live in Altrincham say then it is perfect for getting into town. Also lost more people should use mopeds in my opinion.

It's taking me 1hr 15 mins to get home from east oddsall lane to sale only 5 mile. They are building a massive development there over 900 apartments and hotel etc like a mini village. It's getting ridiculous now. Development for the next 10 years.

and nowhere to park their cars

The Metrolonk wouldn't be so bad if if ever got above 20mph or even turned up for that matter! I swear sometimes it takes 45mins to get 5 miles to town from Eccles.

Chris Grayling, Secretary of State for Transport said "Manchester’s brilliant businesses, shops and creative community have propelled the city from strength to strength.
HS2 will give it a chance to prosper still further. The new links to the West Midlands and London will increase productivity and generate new business opportunities.
And, crucially, it will also help Manchester’s long-suffering commuters by opening up services and freeing up seats on busy services at peak times.

So there you go then
All will be well in 2032

You would not dream of driving across central London or New York so we will just have to accept that is the way it will be over here. I know people knock the merolink and it is a bit shite on certain routes - I,e going to Ashton it would be quicker walking - but if you live in Altrincham say then it is perfect for getting into town. Also lost more people should use mopeds in my opinion.
so we all move to Altrincham?

I'm not buying a fucking moped either

Well it’s getting worse. I seem to spend half my life on the Mancunian way.

Thinking tonight about what would solve it.

One - a proper tram line from didsbury right up wilmslow road, through fallowfield and into town. Gets a lot of those buses and cars off the road.

2 - radical but promote a scheme for everyone to drive scooters. Seems to happen more in other cities like Paris and Rome.

3 - car share incentive scheme.

4- promote work from home schemes in the city

5 - seriously with all the new developments something radical needs to happen

Dare we get an underground system?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.