Manchester traffic

Oxford Road station was a bit chaotic last night. Engineering on the other side of town is putting more people onto Picc and Ox Rd but the island platform (2/3) was dangerously packed. Still sounds better than the roads but maybe some drove because of the trains' disruption.

Always found public transport in Manchester dire. The Met in particular was unreliable. Delays daily with anti-social passengers (teenagers) on numerous lines. Victoria to Rochdale was often very bad for scummy twats. Glad it’s not my problem to resolve.

Worked in town for nearly 4 years now. Last night was the worst to get home especially when you consider there was no football or events on. I can be home in half an hour finishing at 5, 6.48pm it was last night. Absolute disgrace, digging up every road in Manchester at the minute I think.
& every other road near the centre is buses/ taxis only ffs!!!

Whilst I applaud the filling in of potholes at the moment, why not start them after rush hour, they just cause absolute chaos at 0830.

It’s good to see all the new regeneration, offices and flats around previously shitty area of the city. However, when will these clueless greedy town planners realise that you can build all the offices and buildings you want but if people cannot get to and from then what is the point.

I work in spinning fields. We were one of the first office blocks on Hardman street. Since then that whole area has been redeveloped with probably 10 times more capacity but there is still the same little road for the whole development. Add to that the reduction of capacity on deansgate it’s gridlocked .
All this development in last five years can anyone point to a new road in the city, or a widening of an existing road. Nothing.

They are fucking idiots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.