Manchester United Trying To Poach 4 of Our Scouts

One thing you can be sure of, if they do tempt away any of our staff, scouts or otherwise. The media will play it as a huge victory for them.

There's more chance of Labour securing Mrs May as their new leader.

It doesn't worry me in the slightest. Whilst they were resting on their laurels and arrogantly dismissing us as "that lot" we were putting into place something which will set us up for generations.
Their reaction to our rise has been interesting to say the least. They started by laughing and sneering at us, at least in public. In private they were doing the best they could to hamstring us via FFP. When that didn't work they did what they always do, they threw money at it. Which is ironic, because if they'd done it a couple of years sooner, maybe the gpc wouldn't have shit his pants and run for the hills. There were plenty of murmerings at the time that he'd thrown a strop and retired because they wouldn't give him the amount he wanted to spend on new players.
Even when they started spending it seemed like they were making a statement rather than signing the best players for the squad, and that's continued with this year with the acquisition of 4 haircuts and a shot on target. It's all about image, it's all superficial.
We spend money and it's with a clear goal in mind. £200M on a new academy and it's set up for the next 3 decades. When they spend it's in direct response to something we've done. So them poaching 4 of our scouts will no doubt bring them another PR victory but it does nothing to address the actual problems they have or will it harm us in the long term.
What they're doing now is so similar to what Peter Swales did at City it's uncanny, and more than a little poetic. For the younger members of bm who might not remember him, Swales was obsessed with everything they did and brought City to it's knees by trying to compete with them instead of actually getting on with the business of running the club.
Worried? Not a fucking bit. I'm loving every fucking minute of it.

Sir I doff my cap to you. That is brilliant and just made this 30 year old Glen Livet I'm sampling taste even better!!!!

Sir I doff my cap to you. That is brilliant and just made this 30 year old Glen Livet I'm sampling taste even better!!!!

30 year old? I am so jealous. I am currently sipping a nice glass of Glenlivet founders reserve and very nice it is too. I do however wish I had a glass of what you're drinking.

It doesn't worry me in the slightest. Whilst they were resting on their laurels and arrogantly dismissing us as "that lot" we were putting into place something which will set us up for generations.
Their reaction to our rise has been interesting to say the least. They started by laughing and sneering at us, at least in public. In private they were doing the best they could to hamstring us via FFP. When that didn't work they did what they always do, they threw money at it. Which is ironic, because if they'd done it a couple of years sooner, maybe the gpc wouldn't have shit his pants and run for the hills. There were plenty of murmerings at the time that he'd thrown a strop and retired because they wouldn't give him the amount he wanted to spend on new players.
Even when they started spending it seemed like they were making a statement rather than signing the best players for the squad, and that's continued with this year with the acquisition of 4 haircuts and a shot on target. It's all about image, it's all superficial.
We spend money and it's with a clear goal in mind. £200M on a new academy and it's set up for the next 3 decades. When they spend it's in direct response to something we've done. So them poaching 4 of our scouts will no doubt bring them another PR victory but it does nothing to address the actual problems they have or will it harm us in the long term.
What they're doing now is so similar to what Peter Swales did at City it's uncanny, and more than a little poetic. For the younger members of bm who might not remember him, Swales was obsessed with everything they did and brought City to it's knees by trying to compete with them instead of actually getting on with the business of running the club.
Worried? Not a fucking bit. I'm loving every fucking minute of it.
Well said stony

Genuine question this, why don't they have a ladies team?
Someone once told me this and it's something to do I think with them losing charity status if they have a ladies team or something equally as stupid as that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.