Manchesters blue areas?

Very busy this afternoon so can't dig it out, but there was a thread recently where Gary James, with contributions from Didsbury Dave and me, got into this.

As a generalisation, the historic split in Manchester from the early 20th century onwards was east (City) versus west (United), while City also developed a stronghold in south Manc after the move to Maine Road.

Obviously times are a little different now, but you'll still tend to find that the core City areas are either in east or south Manchester.

Going off the MMU season ticket survey from ten years ago, if you were to draw a circle around Manchester plus Salford and Trafford, you'd divide it diagonally with north and west being rag territory and south and east being ours. As there is more of the south and east within the city limits, the city is ours. ;-)

There is a fair few out here in Marple,Stockport.

I was born in Salford though and my City supporting dad is from Withington.

How many blues who live in Stockport are actually from Stockport. I grew up around Maine Rd and now live in Heaton Norris but i am constantly bumping into blues from South Manchester who now live up here.

The honest truth is City fans are everywhere, from North Wales to Sheffield, Nottingham to Glasgow.

There was a survey done on season ticket holders of both City and the Rags, and the majority of City fans had an SK8 postcode (Cheadle) And the second highest was M33 (Sale) Most of these are probably proper Mancs who moved out to the suburbs when they started earning a decent wage.

The rags highest season ticket holders post code was also M33 (Sale)

So Sale must be a melting pot of footballing rivalry, or maybe that's where people move to when they have a few quid??

Ardwick AFC said:
The honest truth is City fans are everywhere, from North Wales to Sheffield, Nottingham to Glasgow.

There was a survey done on season ticket holders of both City and the Rags, and the majority of City fans had an SK8 postcode (Cheadle) And the second highest was M33 (Sale) Most of these are probably proper Mancs who moved out to the suburbs when they started earning a decent wage.

The rags highest season ticket holders post code was also M33 (Sale)

So Sale must be a melting pot of footballing rivalry, or maybe that's where people move to when they have a few quid??
You have an incorrect grasp on the word majority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.