Manchester's greatest song

Being petulant now but define a Manchester Band as aren't Stone Roses mainly from Warrington?
And The Smiths, Salford?

I know, I know this area is most associated with their music but I'm just being petty Betty.

Maybe a song can harvest more points based on its closer proximity to the area in terms of any band Members, Where it was produced and so on.
Johnny Marr and Mike Joyce are indisputably from Manchester. Morrissey born in Davyhulme but grew up in Stretford and Andy Rourke is from Sale.

You see the thing is, not only is he human detritus, objectively speaking he is also musically incompetent. I cannot conceive of a less talented "musician". He makes Status Quo seem like musical geniuses capable of sophisticated chords sequences. And since he is also such an unmitigated twat as well, it beggars belief there is anyone who can actually tolerate his moronic droning, let alone anyone who actually LIKES it. Quite bizarre.

How Soon is Now.....The Smiths.
Couldn't get ahead.....The Fall.
Temptation.......New Order.
A means to an end.....Joy Division.

You see the thing is, not only is he human detritus, objectively speaking he is also musically incompetent. I cannot conceive of a less talented "musician". He makes Status Quo seem like musical geniuses capable of sophisticated chords sequences. And since he is also such an unmitigated twat as well, it beggars belief there is anyone who can actually tolerate his moronic droning, let alone anyone who actually LIKES it. Quite bizarre.
Utterly fascinating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.