Manchester's greatest song

Yep, we get the message. We all have music we like and dislike. What is your favourite song from a Manchester band or artist?

I dunno to be honest. I've never really thought about where bands come from per se. Let me have a think and I'll post something you can take the piss out of as well ;-) It's only fair!

I dunno to be honest. I've never really thought about where bands come from per se. Let me have a think and I'll post something you can take the piss out of as well ;-) It's only fair!
I've got my fingers crossed that you're going to say Fairground by Simply Red.

some great records on here, I've created public Spotify playlist for those interested, currently 64 songs, 4 hours 42 mins. Enjoy, link is

Being petulant now but define a Manchester Band as aren't Stone Roses mainly from Warrington?
And The Smiths, Salford?

I know, I know this area is most associated with their music but I'm just being petty Betty.

Maybe a song can harvest more points based on its closer proximity to the area in terms of any band Members, Where it was produced and so on.
No, although Brown was born in Warrington the others are Mancs. It's the same with the mondays being from Little Hulton (Salford) but these bands were formed in Mcr and were a big part of the Madchester scene so i'd definitely class them as Mcr bands.

Being petulant now but define a Manchester Band as aren't Stone Roses mainly from Warrington?
And The Smiths, Salford?

I know, I know this area is most associated with their music but I'm just being petty Betty.

Maybe a song can harvest more points based on its closer proximity to the area in terms of any band Members, Where it was produced and so on.

The Stone Roses are Longsight.

The Smiths - How soon is now

Notable mentions

Puressence - This feeling
James - Tomorrow
Joy division - love will tear us apart
Morrissey - Everyday is like Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.