Mancini... Are you off your rocker??

milestone said:
Mancini has pledged that the academy will be a major part of the Mancity's future!

But what part of??

Can you still say Mancini has given our youth hope????

CITY does not exist to provide players from the academy with a guaranteed first team place

Hughes had tried to construct the team, playing experienced academy graduates at the heart

But Mancini has failed to make the most of our best player,
Ireland, Onuoha, SWP and Richards all are set to leave the club

WTF....
Yeah, let's stick with players who clearly aren't good enough at the highest level just because they came through are vastly overrated academy.

milestone said:
Mancini has pledged that the academy will be a major part of the Mancity's future!

But what part of??

CITY does not exist to provide players from the academy with a guaranteed first team place

Hughes had tried to construct the team, playing experienced academy graduates at the heart

WTF....

The interests of the Acadeny do not outweigh the interests of the first team or the manager

mlindqui43 said:
milestone said:
Yes, Mancini gave 4 youth player debut.
But how many times have they played in important situation?

Nimely - ONLY 8min against Burnley
Ibrahim -ONLY 5min against Liverpool
Cunningham -ONLY 1min against Birmingham

Boyata - yes~ He played some important games when Mancini didn't have any other choices. But after the other defenders returned, he hasn't played a game.

Mancini has given our youngsters hope doesn't realise we've lost our best players.

What right manager puts a youth player in a major match unless every defender is injured, interms of Boyata...

Remember what happened to one of our brightest youth prospects, Sturridge, under Hughes, he wouldn't get enough playing time and walked to Cheski.

Look at Mancini at Inter, brought up a striker out of their youth system, seems to be doing well for himself in Balotelli.

Look what he did bringing in Johnson during the winter, and would have brought in McDonald Mariga which I think would have been a great fit. He wants youth, players that will listen to him and his tactics, not superstars with their own agenda's.

We forget what happens behind the scenes, he has brought a ton of youth players to train with the first team, something Hughes rarely did. And players will eventually be sold (hopefully in the future for a profit) in which Mancini's youth players will take those spots.

I trust Mancini's eye for talent, Hughes took risks (Jo) and overspent (Bellamy, De Jong) and Mancini won't overspend unless someone like Aguero or Ibrahimovic becomes available

In no way am I sticking up for Hughes, but he didn't buy Jo, he did however buy Santa Cruz!!!!!!..... As for De Jong, if Hughes had waited until the summer he would have been cheaper, but City had the money to buy him, so we bought him. Now if City were to sell him, we wouldn't make a loss on him, we would break even or make a profit. As for Bellamy, yes he was over priced and we will make a loss on him if he goes, but he, like De Jong, has been a very good buy!

As for the OP, all the Players you mention, bar Ned, have had their chance in the First Team. SWP hasn't been consistent, Richards still makes too many mistakes and Stevie Ireland has been awful this season and will never be forgiven for one of the most pathetic substitue performances I have ever seen, that being in the derby at CoMS.

Mancini has integrated more Youth Players to the First Team. You have to remember that a Player doesn't just work for the 90 minutes of a match, he trains with his team mates during the week. Mancini has had more young Players on the bench than Mark Hughes to give them experience of a match day, which is invaluable in terms of their development as a Player. Some of these Players will make it and some wont, in fact a very small percentage will make it as First Team Players or First Team Squad Members, but Mancini will give them their chance if they are good enough. You have to remember where City are heading, we are looking to have a season of 50+ games in the years to come, not a 40 game season, these young Players will play their part in those sort of longer seasons

Honest to god, how long did RM have to achieve what was expected of him, less than 5 months, i was amazed that he believed in our youngsters as much as he did

milestone said:

But what part of??

WTF....

I can cope with Richards and Onuoha going, but I will be very upset if IReland and SWP go.

Didsbury Dave said:
milestone said:

But what part of??

WTF....

I can cope with Richards and Onuoha going, but I will be very upset if IReland and SWP go.

Really SWP and Ireland, didnt exactly set the world on fire or do anything last season, well SWP did for a couple of months then turned into complete turd

mlindqui43 said:
Yes, Mancini gave 4 youth player debut.
But how many times have they played in important situation?

Nimely - ONLY 8min against Burnley
Ibrahim -ONLY 5min against Liverpool
Cunningham -ONLY 1min against Birmingham

Boyata - yes~ He played some important games when Mancini didn't have any other choices. But after the other defenders ret

What right manager puts a youth player in a major match unless every defender is injured, interms of Boyata...

Remember what happened to one of our brightest youth prospects, Sturridge, under Hughes, he wouldn't get enough playing time and walked to Cheski.

Look at Mancini at Inter, brought up a striker out of their youth system, seems to be doing well for himself in Balotelli.

Look what he did bringing in Johnson during the winter, and would have brought in McDonald Mariga which I think would have been a great fit. He wants youth, players that will listen to him and his tactics, not superstars with their own agenda's.

We forget what happens behind the scenes, he has brought a ton of youth players to train with the first team, something Hughes rarely did. And players will eventually be sold (hopefully in the future for a profit) in which Mancini's youth players will take those spots.

I trust Mancini's eye for talent, Hughes took risks (Jo) and overspent (Bellamy, De Jong) and Mancini won't overspend unless someone like Aguero or Ibrahimovic becomes available

Pretty sure sturridge wouldnt have walked there! :)

milestone said:

But what part of??

WTF....

are you advocating a team full of acadamy players ?

I would advocaet a team that wins things and the players you have named are not good enough to achieve this
I for one don't care if we win things with no acadamy players.

also I think poeple are forgetting we used to give acadamy players a chance because the club was broke and we had no option
we have moved on thank god

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.