Mancini - Balotelli

mrbelfry said:
Mario's biggest problem is that he's Mario and he plays for man city. He never gets the benefit of the doubt. Some of his bookings have been ridiculous. If he can't keep his head down then he's going to continue getting stupid bookings and slated left, right and centre.

Those blaming him for our defeat and not finishing top need to get a grip. VK who I love and is being held up as a man of the character we need has been sent off in 2 huge games for us. Trouble is Mario is marmite.

Ballo brings it on himself - sorry his reputation before he came to us was already well known - his arrival here in the UK has made no difference

He got the benefit of the doubt yesterday after about 15 minutes

Also if Mancini comes out and says those things then there must be issues

He needs to go and go this summer

Peronally i find it now cringeworthy his behavoir on the pitch - so sad so much talent but little or no intelligence to go with it

mrbelfry said:
Mario's biggest problem is that he's Mario and he plays for man city. He never gets the benefit of the doubt. Some of his bookings have been ridiculous. If he can't keep his head down then he's going to continue getting stupid bookings and slated left, right and centre.

Those blaming him for our defeat and not finishing top need to get a grip. VK who I love and is being held up as a man of the character we need has been sent off in 2 huge games for us. Trouble is Mario is marmite.

Personally speaking I certainly wouldn't blame Mario for us losing the title. If we had to point to one thing or more specifically the biggest factor then it would be losing Tevez for almost a full season. I'm still of the opinion a proffessional footballer would not resort to what is akin to proffessional suicide and refuse to play from the bench. Certainly so blatantly. Something was lost and was allowed to blow up out of proportion and not dealt with correctly. The question is why did it ever get to that point, what was already wrong for that situation to happen?

Mario needs discipline and needs it like a year ago. Mancini has allowed his petulant ways to continue and that could be the undoing of both men. Without doubt he's been carded wrongly on occasions, but his throwing his arms at refs, kicking goalposts etc all make a referee's decision very very easy when a decision has to be made.

The problem is now that Mario is a soft / easy target - yes some of his bookings have been harsh, but he is now walking around, rightly or wrongly, with a huge target on his back.

You can well imagine some other managers team talks for their games against us will involve getting at Mario - its not rocket science (no pun intended).

For the good of the team there is only 2 options, one involves Mario being sold, the other is down to Mario himself. He must first of all acknowledge that he will be targetted, then he must be able to deal with it. His aptitude, body language and professionalism all need to be improved as well.

Mancin has said he cant trust Mario, maybe Mario cant trust Mario
as well, and for this reason I do think it would be better if he left as I cant see him growing up any time soon - he is both a maverick and a liability, and to be winners its about consistency

mancunial said:
LoveCity said:
I know he hates Balotelli but Redknapp is more or less spot on IMO. Ignore his Shrek fawning though.

-

No respect for the fans or the shirt... it's time to sell Balotelli
By Jamie Redknapp
PUBLISHED: 22:17, 8 April 2012 | UPDATED: 22:17, 8 April 2012

When I look at Manchester City, I see a club divided: talented, professional footballers, people like Vincent Kompany, Joleon Lescott, James Milner and Joe Hart.

Watch their faces as they left the field yesterday as the Sky cameras captured the hurt and pain after their defeat at Arsenal.

Then I look at Mario Balotelli.

This is a proper football club, a club who have suffered a great deal before reaching the position of title contenders.

The relegations and the heartbreak, while living in the shadow of their mighty neighbours.

When I watch Balotelli, I see a player who has no respect for the shirt, no respect for the history and no respect for the supporters who have been to the lower reaches of the Football League before suddenly finding themselves watching an oil-rich club who can compete financially with anyone in the world.

Balotelli has ability and he has scored 17 goals, including two in the 6-1 victory at Manchester United, but does his quality outweigh the negative shadow he casts across the club? No.

Sir Alex Ferguson must have watched Balotelli implode and had a quiet chuckle to himself. Manchester United have not been without their mavericks, but each of them - from Best to Cantona to Rooney - have a burning desire and a love of the game, a passion to succeed and a drive to be the best.

Rooney has not been without his problems. But he hasn't been booked in the Premier League this season and looks to be growing up.

Balotelli is incapable of growing up.

I understand at City, the feeling among the other players is that there is one rule for Balotelli and another rule for the rest.

If the owners are to sack Roberto Mancini for coming up short this season, then it is his handling of Balotelli that has exposed his failings as a manager more than any other. He signed him.

He knew what he was letting himself in for. When Jose Mourinho sold Balotelli, it was because he didn't believe he could change his ways.

Mourinho is the master motivator and can deal with egos. He couldn't deal with Balotelli. If the Special One is to be the next manager of City, Balotelli will be sold. No question.

On Sunday, he was wearing YOLO on his T-shirt, under his City top. You Only Live Once. Well, this is a player who has used up his lives.

I played with mavericks, players like my friend Robbie Fowler. But he understood it was about the team, not just about him. Balotelli doesn't get that. He doesn't get a lot of things.

He has failed his manager and his club. Even if they stay with Mancini, they should sell Balotelli. He is not worth the hassle and he proved it again on Sunday.
F O redknapper look towards your own family you hypocritical piece of shit

In truth there is little wrong with what he has said - he is a football pundit and offering his view - at least he has produced a reasoned argument and if you are honest not many City fans would diasagree

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.